Thread: Headin' Out....

Thanks

Default Headin' Out....

We are leaving on Friday to move to IN and then on vacation to Chicago, Minnesota and Mount Rushmore. HubbyMan is packing up the computer.
    We are tent camping which will be interesting. I have my SPF clothing, my SPF50 and my hat. Oh and dont forget my walking stick.

I'll be back in 3 weeks or so.

So ya'll take care, keep your chin up and remember to jump in any puddles you see just cuz they are fun.

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Kasey

I hope your move goes smoothly and the vacation afterwards is full of fun and adventure.

Mmmmm....tent camping? Do YOU actually sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag? I had to give that up long ago. My family sleeps on the ground, I prefer my folding cot with a mattress so my joints don't come anywhere near the ground.

Camping makes me think of crackling campfires to relax around, smores, and the sounds of the outdoors when you wake up early in the morning in a tent.

Hope you and your family have a great time!

Have a safe journey.

Lori

Thanks

Rasta, We have an air mattress. It is a double something or other so it is really tall. It comes almost all the way up to my knees. I wont feel any rocks. I have laid on it but have not slept on it yet so I dont really know how it will go but I felt comfy laying on it.

I am really looking forward to it. This crew of kids have never been camping so it will be an adventure of all knew experiences. I love a campfire. The kids are hoping to get to go fishing.

Thank you for the well wishes.
    Kasey

Thanks

Sounds so fun NoodleMom - it has been YEARS since I've been to see ...

"THE FACES"

(first time we were there, a person with a deep southern drawl was phoning home from the deck below the monument. Loudly, excitedly telling her... "Mom, I'm at Mt. Rushmore, you know, THE FACES?!" Faces was a two syllable word....FAY-ces. Rushmore has remained so titled ever since in our household.

Enjoy -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Enjoy, enjoy! You impress me with your camping!! We used to do it when kids were little but now I cottage only I am spoiled and want my shower and my microwave and my BED! Have a great time!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

NoodleMom;
    We will miss you while you are away, but I know you will have a wonderful time. When my children were younger (and we were poorer), all of our vacations were camping vacations. Our friends would pull up in their big fancy Motor homes and/or trailers and we'd be in the middle, in our Tent. We also slept on air mattresses (the kids each had a cot). We had a tent for sleeping and a net tent for eating. We were known, to our friends in Motor Homes, as the "Tent People". But, our kids really enjoyed sleeping in the tents and all campgrounds have hot showers and flush toilets. KOA campsites were always the nicest campgrounds, at the time. They had swimming pools, movies, rec centers etc.
    I'm sure that you will have a great time. I'm glad that you remembered to take your sunscreen, hat, and walking cane :lol: Have a great time and we'll see you when you get back!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Fay-ses

Hat Lady, That was ME! hahahahaha No, actually, though that is how I talk. I am originally from South Mississippi, just outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. Spent many years living in Nawlens, too (that is basically how we say New Orleans). Got a kick out of your description of how she said, "Faces." People here in Washington love to hear me talk - I find it rather funny. I can type with very clear diction, but my speech is pure Southern.

Susan

Thanks

Kasey, have a great time - and hope the move goes smoothly! Let us know how you enjoyed Mr. Rushmore...one of my favorite camping memories! (FAY-ces....I can hear it, Hatlady!)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

hugssss Kasey

Hope you have a calm and peaceful trip

sleep tight dont let the skeeters bite. Take pics so we can see then when ya get back on line
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Kasey...

Has it been 3 weeks...In Indiana yet? Almost? Thinking of you, Noodlemom..

Hugs,
    Oluwa