Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone here ever tried water fasting?

Thanks

You guys are funny and so on it. Sometimes I wonder if there is something "mentally" wrong with those type of people. A little different from advice- but I know someone who has been everywhere you've been, done what you've done, and knows something about everything. It's almost like everything is one up on you. There are time when you know they are lying but instead of "busting their bubble" in front of everyone you just do like Jody said no and roll your eyes with others that know this is a bunch of malarky as well.

Thanks

PiP, I think those 'you think THAT was something....let me tell you MY story' kind of people are mostly insecure. Still, it's sooooo hard to listen without raising an eyebrow!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I agree

Thanks

Default Fasting??

Having had SLE for 30 years a very wide variety of food plans have been suggested to me. Personally I've tried juice fasting, macrobiotics, veg, no night shades, no coffee, and probably a few more that I can't remember. These wee all recommended to me by people who were sure they would help and were equally sure that either I didn't do it long enough I gave each a 6 mo trial), or somehow had not done it right. Nothing made a difference, nada, zip. SO I try to eat sensibly, I find smaller meals work better for me. I avoid sugar and flour (although I do sometimes have a sweet) , eat as much organic produce and food as I can, and ignore people who tell me I can cure lupus with food (or anything else). I would not fast with water as it can lead to a dangerous rop i blood sugar, among other things.
    Katina

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Katinar;
    You are absolutely right. The best thing for us to do is to take our medications as prescribed, eat a sensible diet, paying attention to those foods that do not agree with us and those foods that seem to help us and our energy levels. It is also important that we try to get some exercise on a regular basis and that we take appropriate precautions to avoid a flare-up. Fad diets are more dangerous to us than helpful!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I believe in the real food diet ... I've backed away from processed foods. I buy the stuff and make it myself....control the salt, sugar and fat content. Notice I said control...not remove.

Drives me bonkers we people go to extreams. Unless you have a food allergy you NEED a bit of everything.

I made chicken cassadias (spelling is really really bad hahahaha) on the weekend Yummm. Gooey cheese yummmm.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just to be helpful :lol:

"quesadilla"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I make those a lot, love veggie ones and chicken ones. My kids come running when they see me making them, and so easy too. You can basicly add all four food goups in one low-fat yummy dish. I agree with SITC, don't care for those who go to extremes. One neighbor's on low-carb diet and another only eats fruits and veggies with very little rice. Both only drink water, and yes they're losing weight but so miserable and hungry and feeling deprived. I started losing weight and all I did was follow docs orders, more fiber and small frequent meals. A little tredmill 30 min. a day and I eat what I want. Its slow to come off (but it was slow to come on :lol: ), but its dropping and thats what matters .

Thanks Saysusie, my son asked how to spell it and now I can tell him. That was tough to look up.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol:

Thanks

I just have been well enough to get on....

I have discovered an allergy...I am highly allergic to those people that you have been talking about...I just about break into hives whenever my brother starts talking to me.

btw..he has suggested a water diet but special water that has the molecules ionized or something like that...I did drink some of the water and guess what...I AM STILL SICK.

Blessings,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost