Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not meaning to seem rude

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I'm not meaning to seem rude

Hi Guys

Just thought I should post a note to say that I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I do check in but my life is a bit hectic at the moment with medication problems, work and my boyfriend due to visit from the USA next week

As a short update, the Plaquenil (sp?) seems to be working wonders for me, I haven't had to use my walking stick for a few weeks now.
    Have been changed from Amytriptiline to Atenalol for a month to see if it sorts out my headaches without the other problems the Amytrip was causing so fingers crossed there.

I also spent Tuesday night in the hospital being fitted with my CPAP machine for my sleep apnoea.. not exactly the most comfortable experiance now but I'm sticking with it. Have the most horrible pressure sore on the bridge of my nose though after only two nights wearing the mask. Am going to try putting a bandaid on my nose tonight before putting the mask on and see if it helps!

So, once my boyfriend heads home and my vacation is over, and once I've had my annual appraisal at work I will be back in here in full swing. I do check in to see how every one is doing and reply randomly as I have time. I miss you all and think about you all daily!

Happy days and health to you all over the next two weeks while I'm missing.

Love
    Claire
    x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

Glad to hear you're doing well and the plaquenil is working for you. Don't over do it, just enough to get that stellar appraisal.

Thanks

:B-fly: Hugssss Numpty

I'm so happy the plaquenil is working for you....hope you taking good care of youself. "Hectic" is not a good friend to us...so don't burn yourself out.
    Oh look ... a cookie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

So good to hear from you Numpty! How's everything with you? Technical problems had the site down for a bit, so don't worry about thinking yourself as rude. It's good to have everything up and running, and it's good to see some familiar people finding their way back here. Hope all is well with you. We're thawing out here in Maine. Dipped my toe into the Penobscot River today, and it was only mildly bone chilling. About 50 degrees. A sure sign spring is here. How's the weather on your side of the pond?

Thanks

Hey Claire

Rude? We would never think that...if you are gone for over week we put an APB out on you....

Ouch, that must hurt...Did the band-aid work? I am so glad you finally got your mask

Maybe cut up one of those shoe inserts with the sticky side to fit the arch in the mask. Put the stick on mask side. That might work...and help with the wetness that might have come from a band-aid.

Or call the office where you received it from and ask if they have a remedy..

Head strap too tight?

Have you notice in those two days, feeling rested with the equipment or is the bridge pain keeping you up...?

I do hope you can find a day or two to relax and enjoy your vacation or you will need a vacation from the vacation.....

Celebration on losing the stick...that is absolutely great.

Enjoy your vacation, and remember relax...

Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

So glad you haven't needed your cane, hope it stays that way for you. I hope your getting rest, and the mask quit giving you problems. Have a relaxing vacation.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi Claire,

I am very new to this board and read your post and I thought I would post a reply.
    I had sleep apnea for 4 years, I just recently got retested after losing weight and my cpap machine is no more. However; I can tell you that over the 4 years I never had any problems with my mask as you are describing. I am positive that you have your straps pulled way to tight, try tightening up the ones on your forehead and loosening the ones around your nose. You may get up with lines on your face from the mask seal but should never have sore spots. As well they have alot of new masks on the market now and my last one was one that went in my nose. It worked very well, not near the amount of headgear as the other ones. If you can't get it adjusted so that it is comfortable, I would take the mask to where you purchased it and get their help with the straps.
    Good luck, once you get everything working well, I am sure you will wake up feeling more refreshed.

Take care,
    Karen

Thanks

Congratulations on losing the walking stick, Claire! So glad the plaquenil is working for you. Enjoy the visit with your boyfriend - I imagine you've been looking forward to that....but don't overdo...so easy when you want to make a visit memorable!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default Rude

Claire, Gosh, I hope being away for a little while when you have other things going on is not rude - otherwise, a bunch of us would be rude!hahaha
    You are great, and I love your stories - worth waiting for!
    So glad Karen had some ideas for you about your mask. I hate to hear of someone getting a sore from their equipment. Hope you are able to resolve that.
    Big congratulations on getting rid of the stick! I am still ever hopeful for myself - hearing of your victory and others is encouraging!
    Take care of yourself, and we will look forward to hearing from you when you can get here.

Susan

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Claire!
    So good to hear from you! Being absent is no where near being rude! No worries there!
    I am so happy to hear that you no longer need your cane and that the Plaquenil is working for you. I hope that you also find success with the Atenalol - I'm a bit confused however. I thought that Amitriptyline was an anti-depressant also used for pain and that Atenalol was a cardioselective drug used in the treatment of hypertension and chronic angina. I don't quite understand how the two overlap? Could you explain it to me, if you don't mind? I'm always wanting to learn about treatments and how they are used.
    Whatever the case, I am hoping that it works for you and gives you relief from your headaches. I hope to see you around often, in the meantime, know that we are always here and that you are always welcome and never, ever rude!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!