Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tips and Tricks

Thanks

what kind of radio do you use,, i have a dx6i 2.4
    Fair Oaks California

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I use the exact same radio. It came with my E-Flite Blade 400 helicopter, and I've been purchasing receivers little by little and converting everything over to 2.4ghz. Nice to not have to worry about frequencies and crystals anymore. I have a 6 channel FM Futaba that's helicopter specific that I still use with my Raptor 50 Heli. Have you tinkered with helicopters at all? I'm still a novice on the heli's. I can hover tail in and do some slow forward flight. Have a long way to go though. I started with one of those little Blade CX copters with the counter-rotating blades. It's cheap, and really easy to learn. The Blade 400 and Raptor have the conventional collective pitch rotor and tailrotor, and are really touchy. Sweaty palm teeth clenching touchy!

Thanks

Default Planes

Gosh - you guys are really into a cool hobby. I wish I could share a video with you that is of real jets (I am really bad remembering the numbers and stuff) that the Air Force is flying. My nephew is a pilot (just got promoted to Major - we are so proud), and when he graduated from one of his flight schools, we were shown an awesome video of the guys flying their planes and doing stunts. The music in the background was "The Final Countdown" - I videoed their video, and it came out really good. My son and husband love to watch it. Is there a site where you can load up videos for others to see? I am a bit tech ignorant.

Susan

Thanks

Suzique, that's so cool that your nephew got promoted! It's amazing to watch those things fly. We have a pretty big airshow here every other year. The Blue Angels come, and lots of others. This area used to have a big airbase (now it's an air nat'l guard base) so it has a really huge, long runway to support those big guys. Last airshow we had a Stealth fighter here....just completely amazing! One of my son's best friends was in the show, flying the old F16s that they use at the guard base. So cool to have him stand with us after he was done, filling us in on all of the details about the other flights. Just a couple of weeks ago the Canadian Snow Birds were here (SITC, have you ever seen them?) and they flew over Lake Superior (near shore) doing manuevers. I missed that, so I'm going to be sure I don't miss the air show! (lots of sunblock, umbrella, hat, long sleeves........)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Jody, the office building I work in looks out over Halifax harbour, and we have a great seat for fly by's which the snow birds do from time to time. I've also seen the blue angels over the harbour, they come up for our airshows. Very cool.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey, that's very cool! My office building looks out over a big harbor in Lake Superior....it can be verrryyyy distracting. ("I'm not watching the boats....really.....I'm thinking!") ops:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Suzique, it takes many years of hard work to achieve the rank of Major in any branch of the armed services. That's truly something to be proud of. I don't know much about uploading/hosting videos, but I'd love to see the video you have. Jody, the Snowbirds are some darn good pilots. I helped organize an airshow a few years ago, and was able to go for a ride in one of their planes. I had my pilots license at the time, and got to take the controls for a few, very short, very exciting minutes. The Canadair CT-114 jet they fly is a tandem two seat side by side trainer, so taking a passenger is possible. The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds both fly single seat F-18 and F-16 fighters, at the time, a ride along wasn't possible. True professionals all. And all are a credit to their respective countries, and services.

Thanks

Hey Jody,

The airshow I was involved in had the US Air Force display one of their F-117A Stealth Fighters. The night before the show the Air Force ground crew and security people set up a roped off area with armed guards for the 117 to be parked at during the show. The guards were out there doing their thing long before the show started, and long before the plane showed up. I went over to talk to one of the guards, and I asked him why they were guarding a roped off empty spot. He whispered to me, "It's not really empty, the plane is right there, it's Stealth don't you know". Good to know those fellows have a sense of humor.

Thanks

Oh wow, wow, wow...Rob...that must've been so incredible! I've always loved airplanes - guess because my Dad did.

I love the story about the Stealth fighter....invisible...yeah!

My brother-in-law was a Lt. Colonel in the airforce when he retired. He worked on the logistics on the very first of the Stealth projects. Years before that, he was a test pilot. He had enough, though, and chose not to fly after he retired. Now he teaches math to kids in a school for emotionally disturbed kids. Always the risk taker!!

Jody

Thanks

My husband picked up gel Shout spot cleaner...too hard on the hands to squeeze and squeeze.

Out of frustration I dumped it into a Rubbermaid plastic container with lid and used a one inch paint brush and brushed it on the spots of our outdoor yard work clothing...

Worked like a charm...

I'd even dump the spray type in too...

O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.