Thread: GERD

Thanks

Default GERD

Karen, Were you ever able to get the Domperidone for your Barrett's? I have had mine for 2 weeks now, and it has made a lot of difference for me.
    For those of you who have problems with reflux of stomach acid for whatever reason, I will share with you what I shared with Karen: there is a drug that can help your stomach empty quicker, to keep the pressure of the full stomach from "burping" contents up your esophagus. It is called Domperidone. It is not available in this country (USA), because it is actually an old drug, already in "generic" form, and the drug companies could not make enough money off it to cover for the expense of getting it through FDA, etc. It is similar to "Reglan" in performance, but it does not have the peripheral neural side effect problems that reglan has been known to have. I ordered mine from a site in Canada called "doctorsolve", and you simply send them (first fax, then hard copy) your prescription. It is not that costly, either ($87 for 400, and I take 4 a day).
    Don't know if this is for any of you, but it has been awesome for me.

Susan

Thanks

Hey Oluwa did you see this??

Thanks

No Susan,

I haven't been to my gastro doc for a few months...as you know I ordered it but I still need a dx. When I get one I will try that drug....I am glad that it is helping you. I can't wait to get some.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost