Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: good labs / bad days?

Thanks

RazzleBerry..

I did that for my husband when I showed him my red chest. Just like a sunburn when you press it...white with red all around.

SITC..

I would buy your sock jewelry, will it be pill resistant. Pilling up my Gold Toes?

Hugs..
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Where would you buy compression socks and how much do they cost. I just can not get my feet to stop swelling and hurting lately. it seems to be endless swelling, pressure and pain. Those socks sound as if they might help somewhat.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default Cankles

Oluwa and Sits, I think the "cankles" might have come from me. That is what my sweet hubby affectionately calls my lower legs. There is no curve or shape, just straight down from calf to heel (most of the time). Due to poor circulation. Anyway, I do love the word. It makes me chuckle instead of feel depressed. Tony does that a lot. He has little words and phrases for things to make "light of it" and help me to see a brighter side. By the way, Sits, he was born in Calgary and raised in Calgary and Victoria. That is what brought us to Seattle - it was as close to his home as he could get me.

Susan

Thanks

Well, here's my contribution, SITC.....

I am on 11 prescriptions right now - Lord knows what that's doing to me long-term, and no wonder I'm nauseated much of the time and my tum-tum feels like $%&$#. So, I've asked my rheumy time and time again -WHAT can I quit taking without feeling like I've been run over by a train? Or landing in the hopsital again? Plaquenil seemed like a likely choice to me. She said she's had so many patients who thought stopping plaquenil was a logical choice. It's often one of the first meds prescribed for lupus, so seems like it should be the first to go, huh? But she said nearly everyone has the same experience - they just didn't realize that it was preventing symptoms from getting worse. Maybe seemed like it wasn't doing anything...but turned out it was doing a lot. So, we're looking at reducing (maybe eliminating!) some other meds to try to simplify my 'medication regimen'.

So, there's my 50 cents, SITC. I can sooooo relate to wanting to stop a medication. I want to be off 'scaryoids' (I love that word, Oluwa!) and immune suppressants and colchicine and....and....and.... I hope you can stop the Plaquenil without one, single negative effect, SITC. I'm rootin' for you, even though I'm just a little scared for you, too.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

:roll: I be stayN on da plaquenil till at least November. Doc said my blood work was too picture perfect for her to let me stop it. I suppose that's good news but it brings me back to what's actually working form me. Good diet and life style? Cause my pain levels haven't changed that much. Yes I'm a bit better, but not THAT much better...whine whine whine ...wine, sure why not
    Oh look ... a cookie