Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good labs / bad days?

Thanks

Default good labs / bad days?

So I saw the rheumy Fri and asked him point blank why if my labs are all good did I just have the flare from hell and if the labs are good doesn't that mean I am in remission?

Nope that's not what it means. He says that the labs are good because I am taking my medicine like a good little girl and if I stopped doing that the labs would be all screwy. So much for my theory that I am healed

Just thought I'd share ....so pop those pills guys, they apparently do help!

Thanks

Hugsss Razzleberry

I'm about to have words with my rhueym on the 28th, she wants me on plaquenil and I dont want to stay on it. I know darned well that she's going to spit her favorit line at me. "It's doing more for you then you know"

Well if I'm NOT feeling ANY different they what the heck is it doing for me? Oh I'll be stopping it alright. so there :P

That's probably when she's going to tell me not to come back...woohoo!
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

So not fair I take my meds very accurately and I haven't missed a pill in over 6 months, and my tests are all screwy all the time! :?

SITC, you really need a diffferent doctor! I give new meds 3 months. If I don't notice a difference, I'm done. It is your life, you don't have time to waste on something that isn't doing it's job for you. Stand firm!
    ~SwirlyGirly~
    California
    })i({

Thanks

Hey Razzleberry,

I, like you, assumed if my labs were good, then I would be "healed".

Swirlygirly, the problem with giving plaquenil only 3 months is because it takes at least 6 months to work on some of us...of course, I think I remember that SITC has been on for that long or longer.

Hey Sitc, my doc is thinking about putting me on another antimalarial. It won't be until I get back from the trip, because he wants me home when I start it. More monitering of the blood and such. Perhaps yours might look into something like that.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Yeah, I shoulda calmed down a bit before responding. Just brought up some memories for me. I usually ask the doctor how long it should take for medication to begin to be effective. Then I double check with the pharmacist. For most meds I've been on 3 months is plenty of time. You are right that Plaquenil can take up to 6 months. But as I said, if you've given the medication the time and it is still not working, you should talk to your doctor about your concerns about it.

Thank you for calling me on that, Sick n tired... ops: You were very right!
    ~SwirlyGirly~
    California
    })i({

Thanks

SITC ...don't be so quick to give up the plaquenil. I thought it wasn't working too and convinced the doc to let me stop. Within a week my face was so puffy my eyes were nearly closed and I was achy and tired and red. So it seems it does work even when you think it isn't.

Just me 2 cents.

Thanks

Razzleberry

Your 2 cents are most welcome any time

I feel no different now than when she put me on this drug back in December. I may have a bad reaction to comming off the drug but I will wonder if that's the drug messing with my system, perhaps you need to detox. I could be 100% wrong. Lord knows I've been wrong about plenty of things in the passed and probably will be again.

There's not one single thing I can say is any better since I've started this drug.

I've been on arthrotec for quite a while and I can tell THAT drug is helping cut my pain in half. I was stupid enough in the beginning to think that if I took that drug till I got control back of my life that I could stop taking it and be okay. My family doctor let me try and she didn't rub it in too badly when I came shame faced back and asked her to please write me out another prescription for the arthrotec.

I don't want to try anything harder either. I just want to continue along the way I am. I'm managing my pain, I'm working out and starting to lose weight. My blood presure is under control. All this stuff was in place befor she put me on the plaquenil yet she wants to credit it with how I'm doing.

Actually I was kind of shocked that she wanted to mess with my meds and I asked her why, she said cause she thought I could do better. Fair enough...I gave it a shot and if it had given me more of myself back then yippee waahoo I'ld keep taking it. But why keep taking something that's not making a difference and can start to affect my health in a bad way as it builds up in my system?

I can hear ya all snickering at the corner lady wading into the river of denile :P

I dont know what to think...I'm confused and worried; afraid of making the wrong choices.

I'm scared....scared of the meds...scared of my body...just plain scared...

But I am thankful for this board, for letting me vent.

I am going to ditch the plaquenil...and hopeful I can work through what ever happens when I stop taking it. If it takes 3 to four months to build up in the system then it will probably take that long get the heck out of my body.

I've hear other people say they were sorry they stopped it, had to wait for it build up in their system again before they felt better.

It's not a chance I would take if it was helping me.

Gawd...some times I feel like a little child who just doesn't want to play by the rules.

Thanks for letting me spew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razzleberry
    SITC ...don't be so quick to give up the plaquenil. I thought it wasn't working too and convinced the doc to let me stop. Within a week my face was so puffy my eyes were nearly closed and I was achy and tired and red. So it seems it does work even when you think it isn't.

Just me 2 cents.
    Totally agree. I went without it for a week because I was doing the master cleanser. Goofy me, I thought that since it took 6 months to kick in a week w/o wouldn't hurt. I was wrong! My take is, we're better off w/it even if you don't necessarily feel drastically better.

Thanks

Yeah SITC, plaquenil seems to be the silent weapon in the this whole lupus struggle. It really seems like it's doing nothing but just like my labs ...you're feeling ok because you're taking it ...it seems anyway. Or give it a shot ...stop it and see what happens. Maybe you'll be the same ...or maybe ...you'll be puffy and red and achy just like some others we know At least you'll feel like you're in charge and that helps too; and you can always go back on it if you find it really has been helping.

Thanks

:lol:

I feel like a chicken on Colonel Sanders' farm making a break for the electric fence with the rest of yas sayN< "Told her not to do it" but I'm making a break anyway hahahahaha.

Just like when I snuck out of the house when I was 12 just cause I wanted to see what it was like that late at night out on the streets :shock:

I wouldn't listen to reason then either. :silly:

I guess I'm just afraid that I don't really need this drug so I want to find out for sure. I know she'll just rattle off her pat warning. Maybe she's right...but I guess I'm the type who has to learn by doing.

I see her on the 28th ... when I go off the plaquenil I'm gonna give it 4 months to get out of my system and then I'll know for sure. One way or the other.
    Oh look ... a cookie