Thread: Rashes....meds?

Thanks

Default Rashes....meds?

If you have skin rashes involvement what do/are you using/taking for them? Prescribed? Unprescribed?

K

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,

How are you this lovely Friday....

For the rash I get on my stomach and hinder cheeks I was prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP, 0.5%. Cllears it up. I always get it in the same location.... It is a steroid cream...

My malar rash, I use nothing to treat it. Just pamper the area...with mild, pure soaps and lotions, then it fades back to its light pink.

I also dose with Plaquenil which is supposed to control the rashes. I haven't had hives or uclers in my nostrils since dosing. A plus...

L.,
    O

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,

I also use Plaquenil and cover up with 50 SPF sunscreen all the time. I wear long sleeve shirts and nylon pants with hats. It's not fun in the Summer, but what else can you do? If it's Lupus discoid rash, try any cream that has cortisone in it; as it will remove the rash if applied 3-4 times per day.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,Checking on your rash.* Did the cortisone cream help any?* Is the rash gone?I hope you are doing well.Thank you,Faith

Thanks

Hi Faith,
    I did indeed get to the doc about my rash. It seems it is something called foliculitis. Big fancy word for bacterial infection. I itched so I scratched, broke the skin. Bacteria on the skin caused infection and so viola i am told to use hydrocortizone cream and $50 tube of bactran antibiotic cream 2 to 3x a day. It is beginning to heal. Still itches tons but now I have a brush with stiff but soft bristles to scratch with, No more paint sticks to scratch with! HubbyMan applies my creams and I avoid sun and scratching.
    Thank you for asking of me Really should try to sleep again.

K