Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lupus sucks. . . guess I have Fibromyalgia now!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    Hey Swirly Girl,

I just noticed you are from the Central Valley, CA. We are actually pretty close probably. What city are you from?

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith 8)
    That's right Faith, rub it in . . . y'all are in warm and sunny California. Jk. I'm seriously envious!

Thanks

I just noticed you are from the Central Valley, CA. We are actually pretty close probably. What city are you from?

Faith 8)
    Hey Faith, I'm in Manteca. Where abouts are you? Are you handling the heat okay? I've already had heat exhaustion! Sheesh!
    ~SwirlyGirly~
    California
    })i({

Thanks

Hey WantItGone,

I am a member of the fms club, too. I was told by a doctor that fms is what he likes to refer as "crazy woman's disease" then he proceeded to laugh like his joke was funny My hubby just sat there. You know the scenes on the sitcoms where you hear crickets chirping :shock: , well that was basically our response. I never went back.

Your colleague doesn't know what he is talking about. If this pain is all in my head then please somebody give me a lobotomy.

At the moment, I am not taking anything for fms. I was taking cyclobenzaprine or fiberflex? but now I am off and the doc is focusing on some of the other problems.

Well, I do hope that this finds you feeling better. I hope that the neurontin is working.

-Karen-
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hey Want It Gone,

Trust me when I say I am not so rubbing it in that we live in "sunny" California. Nothing to be seriously envious!!! We jump from 5 days of 75 degrees to 102.

We hit 102 yesterday almost beating a record 105. Today, it was 100 with 42% humidity. It's never humid here though I feel like I am living in the mid-west with the humidity. Ugh!! We usually have dry heat.

Seeking someplace cool and dry! lol.

Faith

Thanks

Well Faith, If that is what you seek, then I doubt you will be moving by me anytime soon....my mother says that Texas is over the blow holes of he11. :lol: There is a saying here and obviously in your neck of the woods, also and it is: if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours (sometimes minutes), it'll change. That is true except in the hottest part of summer when it is just plain sweltering.

Wantiit gone, Where are you from?
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hi SwirlyGirly,

You are just up the road from me. I am in Bakersfield. Yes, we are definately "baking." How are you handling the heat? I wish I could afford to live by the coast.

I am definately not handling it. Dehydrated, and heat exhaustion!! I made tuna sandwiches for dinner the other night; no energy. I used to love the Summer when I would swim in the pool to cool off. It's too sunny to swim in the day, and the pool is too cold in the evenings. Legs are hurting and painful, and fibro is acting up in the lower back, hips and buttocks.

How hot was it in Manteca today? I am thinking very close to what we have been at 100-102 with humidity. How are you doing? Do you have the Lupus myalgias with the heat? Not that I wish anyone to have it; I hope you are pain free.

Faith :lol:

Thanks

Hi Karen,

Many Oklahomans and Texans live in Bakersfield and say the heat is similar except for our heat is usually dry heat.

How do you stand it? At least we don't have the humidity all Summer long like you do. Still, I really hate the Summer being fully clothed and all in 102-115 degrees. Sheesh!!

What part of Texas are you from? I have some friends in Texas. What are you doing up so late?????

Faith

Thanks

Hey Want It Gone,

Trust me when I say I am not so rubbing it in that we live in "sunny" California. Nothing to be seriously envious!!! We jump from 5 days of 75 degrees to 102.

We hit 102 yesterday almost beating a record 105. Today, it was 100 with 42% humidity. It's never humid here though I feel like I am living in the mid-west with the humidity. Ugh!! We usually have dry heat.

Seeking someplace cool and dry! lol.

Faith
    Ok, no longer envious. Lol. Hope the humidity dies down.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Faith;
    I'm with you about "Sunny California". It was 105 today in the high desert and we have absolutely NO HUMIDITY whatsoever! It just scorches and burns when you breathe.
    What I would give for a nice moist breeze!!! lol

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Faith,

What am I doing up so late???? Sometimes the pain keeps me up. Right now I am exhausted, but can't seem to sleep.

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex....closer to Ft Worth, though.
    Very hot here....The heat for me is debilitating. I get so tired and weak if I am out in it too long. Sorry to hear that there are parts of the California Paridise state that are just the same as here. What a bummer.

Hubby and I visited CA last spring. We went to the mountains. It was so cool and beautiful there. We went through wine country...got some wine...mmmmm....so good. Watched the sunset on the beach with our wine. Very relaxing...but then we had to go back to reality and home.
    We then flew back via San Francisco. Very pretty there, but very expensive.

I am going to Disney World on Thursday...it should be fun, but I am uncertain how I am going to handle it. Hubby and I feel that I might need a wheel chair for some of the time. Just walking in the mall taking my 14 yr old shopping seems to do me in. How am I going to be able to handle 7 days of fun and sun...I don't want to rain on the family's parade and be the downer...maybe it will all work out.

Well, I hope that it cools off soon for you guys...maybe some rain

Karen