Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, just wanted to introduce myself

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Marcia;
    Yes, 119 at 5'9" is quite thin. When I was modeling, I fluctuated between 115 and 120 at 5'10". I remained at that weight until I hit my 40's..fortunately, my metabolism slowed down and I was able to put on weight and keep it on. I really don't like myself at 150 (if it were up to me, I'd be down to 130 at least). You and I both suffer from poor body image, meaning, when we look at ourselves, all that we see are the areas of fat that we need to get rid of. Everyone around us tells us that we look fine, but we see problems that we hate. However, after enough hospitalizations, I've realized - as you said- that in order to maintain some reasonable health, I have to keep the weight on. It is hard to do because, as I mentioned before, my eating habits are still deplorable :lol: Still, to this day, when I eat what I think is too much, I think about purging. I don't do it, haven't done it in over 20 yrs..but I think about it.
    Keep at it, you and I can help one another in this particular struggle because it is one that never really ends! I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Marcia,

Welcome to the family...I know that I am late to be posting on this one, but better late than never.

I look forward to getting to know you better.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Welcome Marcia,

This forum is very informative and I hope you stay and share. There is a lot of information here and we can bounce problems and ideas off of each other.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hi, Marcia. Glad you found your way back to us! Welcome to the group - you'll find a lot of support here (as you can already see!)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Marsha,
    Welcome!! Glad you found us.

K

Thanks

Hi Marcia...

Welcome, we look forward to getting to know you too, Marcia

I have read also, like Teriod, with IT(Lupus), no sunshine...no Vitamin D. I would also add being an anorexic probably has doubled the risk of ending up deficient due to your diet. I've retaught myself to associate the word diet, not meaning without food, not being restricted but to associate the word with healthy nutritious food. Do you include any amount of fish, eggs, fortified milk, and cod liver oil in your diet...? Excellent sources of the D...

I am a self recovered anorexic/bulimic...literally spend half my life in the cycle. I am 47 like you. I know hunger. I know discipline. I know control which really is, in an ED world... is out of control.

I was like you. Anything that would cause a weight gain I would not prescribe to it. The prednisone will probably cause weight, the gain will probably cause you stress and an increase in depression. Then it becomes a big vicious circle to control. Like controlling hundreds of plates spinning on poles...

You will have to find a way through it and not around it, which is temporary.

There are no magic words, no ah ha moment to change our thoughts regarding ED as you know. We know the answer, we have the tools, we just have to use them. Stress feeds anorexia and it also feeds IT...

It's hard. I understand. I know.

Keep looking for your wellness. In a book, in a conversation, in your thoughts, in this forum. This forum is a great find...

Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi Oluwa

Thank you so much for your response, particularly your insights on lupus and anorexia. The foods you mentioned that are sources of Vitamin D I am lack in eating. So that is probably where I have gotten myself into trouble. I have a phobia with dairy so that really hits me hard. Since you have come through anorexia you know the struggle of trying to just do the next right thing. I constantly think I am not doing any harm, but the test prove otherwise. I have had times when my weight is not an issue, I have never been "overweight" but I have been at goal or even at the upper end of my ideal weight range and been fine with it. However, when I get into times of stress or I feel that I am out of control the anorexia goes nuts. I know at age 47 and post menopausal due to a hysterectomy 9 years ago I should expect to be carrying a little extra weight. I KNOW all of this, but somehow I BELIEVE it does not apply to me. I do see a dietitian and a counselor, but I have got to find the answer from within.

Thanks for being so supportive. I have felt very welcome and am very glad I have found this forum.

I see my rheumatologist tomorrow, I will be interested to see what she has to say.

Marcia

Thanks

Marcia -

So sorry to jump in late to the conversation, but I wanted to say hi, too!

It never fails to amaze me the wonderful and brave people we have here on this site, all trying to do their best for their bodies and their lives. I see you are another one of them, Marcia, and I think you will find lots of company here!

Welcome!
    Missy

Thanks

Marcia...

We, you and I know it isn't about food. It will click for you.

To end an ED it takes a lot of self nagging and who likes to be nagged, eh? Changing our self concept, digging into our minds, the perseverance and making small changes which lead to big changes to overcome an ED. Very hard...a lot of stumbling, back to the old ways..sometimes the old way is easier, eh?

I hope your Rheuma had good things to say today, let us know.

Be well.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi

I got back from the rheumatologist a little while ago. She told me that the swelling was down. I told her I am feeling much better. She did suggest that I go on another med, methotrexate, but said I would have to come in for monthly labs if I took it, so she gave me the option to start that or just wait and see how I continue to do. I told her that I would just wait and see what happens. I have an appointment scheduled for 3 months from today, but if I am having any problems I am to call and get in to see her. I had also lost 4.5 pounds in the three weeks since I saw her last. I have got to get this weight under control. I am headed for disaster if I don't. But it is not about the food. I have got to get to the root of what is driving the anorexia. I have a good therapist but I am one of his first anorexic clients so he has learned from me, not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes I feel like a guinea pig.

I just want to thank you all so much for your support and your welcomes. I am looking forward to offering my encouragement or a listening ear.

Warm regards,
    Marcia