Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashes, Uv rays Sunlight...Help Me

Thanks

Default Rashes, Uv rays Sunlight...Help Me

A couple of weeks ago we had a garage sale. I stayed in the garage most of the tme There was a time for about 1/2 hour that I was out side visiting with some people. I had on a little sweat shirt jacket Evidently it hangs off my back just enuf to let a little sun in. The next day my I was a little itchy there. Over the next couple of weeks the itchiness increased on that area. Then it started to get rashy looking and spreading further down my back. It itches so bad. The rash is like a raised patchy white with red spots that bleed and scab over and then because I itch again I scratch off the scabs and they begin to get infected looking. We are treating it with swabbing with perioxide and 1% cortisone cream. Then today it is sunny and very windy. I sat on my front porch...in the shade wearing a tank top.Ten minutes tops. My arms and cheeks are red...like sunburn. Or like the lupus rash. I wasnt even in the sun.

So I guess I am ultra sensitive to sunlight and ultra violet rays. WWAAAAA What kind of sunscreen should I use? How about clothing with UV protection? Do they really work? Where do I find them? Can you help?

K

Thanks

Awww NoodleMom

I use a 45. I dont have any UV clothes I just try and stay out of the sun as much as possible. All my makeup has uv protectant in it and my glasses and I wear a big ol hat

Sorry you're breaking out like that...it's no fun. I've got something going on with my lower back it just started coming out yesterday. It's not sun related cause we haven't had any.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

You poor thing. My hubby's ex-coworker had similar reactions. She used baby sunblock and thin long sleeve and pants garments. Still had rashes but not as bad. That was years ago, wish she was still around to ask for you. I do hope you feel better, maybe the "after sun lotion" will help. It helped my sun burn patches and soothed the itch and sting.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I went tonite and got a spray sunblock SPF 50 and a non oily face sunblock lotion SPF 30. I got the spray because it hurts to rub stuff in and I thought it would be easier. Hope it works.

We are also ordering me a sunblock hat and lightweight hoody that has protective whatevers in it.

I never before in my life have been sensitive to the sun. This is so odd. I just dont understand how bein in the shade for ten mins. I could burn. My arms,face and chest area.

Oops companies here. Gotta go BBL

K

Thanks

Hi NoodleMom,

The darker the clothing the better. Also nylon and polyester naturally block out the sun. Check out Coolibar in August as they have a huge sale on uv clothes. I am not only UVA/UVB sensative and also the flourescent lights.

I use the No-Ad 50 SPF sunscreen in the Winter and on my face, and also the spray on in the summer so it doesn't sweat off.

Take care,

Faith 8)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I get the exact same type of rash. I use SPF-50 spray-on stuff thats waterproof, and it works well. I don't know the brand name, but it's fairly common stuff. I get it at Walgreens.

Thanks

I concur with the Coolibar advice. Their clothes are pricey but nice and they work. Hatlady posted a link to a hat website too ...lots to choose from there for hats ...but for clothing try Coolibar.

Thanks

Hey NoodleMom

What meds are you on? I've been on two meds this winter that build up in the system and cause photo sentive issues. I'm always careful anyway but now I'm really careful.

Hope you're feeling better today.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Oooo, ouch, NoodleMom. That sounds painful. Yeah, sun protective clothing really does help, but I think you need to couple that with sunscreen, and limited sun exposure.

LLBean has a line of sun protection clothing. So does Gander Mountain (an outdoor sporting goods store here in Minnesota - don't know if you have them in your area.) I think you can also find them at some of the bigger sporting equipment stores, like REI or....hmmm....the name of the other one I had in mind escapes me. Brain fog! :?

Sorry you had to find out about being sun sensitive the hard way! Maybe that's the only way to know, huh?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

sitc, I am on ultramER, synthroid, arthrotec, prevcid, lyrica, cymbalta, metformin and hyoscyamine.Those are for pain, IBS, GERD, diabetes, hypothyroid and depression.

I used sunscreen today, wore long sleeves and pretty much stayed inside or in the shade. I am waiting patiently for my jacket and hat. I am gonna look so cool;-)

K