Thread: HAPPY MOTHER's DAY

Thanks

Default HAPPY MOTHER's DAY

Happy Mother's Day to every Mum and soon to be Mum's...Hugs.

I can only imagine the strength required, the balance to be a Mum each and everyday. Though I had seen my Mum...raise eight children I never knew how hard it was. She made it look easy.

She taught us about values, morals, respect, graciousness and honesty. She let us choose our own path, be who we were to be, wanted to be. Let us make mistakes, let us learn from them.

As I got older, and she had passed. I often asked, gosh how did you do it, Mum...I found this amongst her things, her words, her journal, her books...In one of those books a page was marked with a pink Stick'Em annotated with the words MOTHERS PRAYER. The page read...

A Mother's Prayer

Father in Heaven, make me wise,
    So, that my gaze may never meet
    A question in my children's eyes;
    God keep me always kind and sweet,

And patient, too, before their need;
    Let each vexation know it's place,
    Let gentleness be all my creed,
    Let laughter live upon my face!

A mother's day is very long,
    There are so many things to do!
    But never let me lose my song
    Before the hardest day is through.

by Margaret Sangster

To my Mum, Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for who I am, who I will come to be....lessons you taught still imprinted on me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, to the top of my head.. to the tips of my toes, Mum. I love you.xoxoxo

Thanks

Hi Oluwa!

And a very Happy Mother's Day to you Too!!! And also to all Mums out there!

I was sent this lovely ad for a job....

WANTED: MOTHER.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
    Long term team players needed for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24
    hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in faraway cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed.
    Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
    Must provide on-the-site training in basic life skills, such as nose blowing.
    Must have strong skills in negotiating, conflict resolution and crisis management. Ability to suture flesh wounds a plus. Must be able to think out of the box but not lose track of the box, because you
    most likely need it for a school project. Must reconcile petty cash unless you want to hear “he got more than me!” for the rest of your life. Also, must be able to drive motor vehicles safely under loud and adverse conditions while simultaneously practicing abovementioned skills in conflict
    resolution. Must be able to choose your battles and stick to your guns. Must be able to withstand criticism, such as “You don’t know anything”. Must be willing to be hated at least temporarily.
    Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical
    challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and co-ordinate production of multiple homework projects.
    Must have ability to plan and organise social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks.
    Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys and battery operated devices. Also, must have a highly energetic entrepreneurial spirit, because fundraiser will be your middle name.
    Must have a diverse knowledge base, so as to answer questions such as “What makes the windmove?” on the fly. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

ADVANCEMENT/PROMOTION POSSIBILITIES:
    Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
    None required, unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION:
    You pay them, offering frequent raises and bonuses. When you
    die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you
    actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

Have a Lovely Day
    All the best
    Colleen

Thanks

Ladies,

Both of those were great, thanks for sharing! Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks

Wonderful! Thanks, Oluwa and Colleen.

And my best wishes to all for the happiest of Mother's Days!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I loved both of those.

I want to wish everyone a "Happy Mother's Day". Even those who may not have given birth to a child. Your friendship, knowledge, advice, comfort, support, (this list just keeps going) has mothered and comfort us all. Everyone here is so kind, you women are great. To me everyone's a mom: you fix are boo-boo's and listen to our chatter and nourish us with words and love and do what mothers do best= Smile and look so beutiful (at least the images I have of you gals here in my head).

God bless you all!!!!
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Absolutely perfect Oluwa and ColleenT and I hope that everyone had a very loving Mother's Day!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Many days later...

You are all welcome..and thank you for the wishes too...

Love,
    Oluwa