Thread: I've Got to Talk to Somebody, God

Thanks

Default I've Got to Talk to Somebody, God

A good read.

I've Got to Talk to Somebody, God: A Woman's Conversations with God by Marjorie Holmes is a great read. A great book... I think you will find you in a place, a time in her conversations with God..

A page of her words...

I've got to talk to somebody, God. I'm worried. I am unhappy. I feel inadequate so often, hopeless defeated, afraid.

Or again I'm so filled with delight I want to run into the streets proclaiming, "Stop, the world, listen! Hear this wonderful thing."

But nobody pauses to listen, out there or here - here in the very house where I live. Even those closest to me are so busy, so absorbed in their own concerns.

They nod and murmur and make an effort to share it, but they can't; I know they can't before they begin.

There are all these walls between us - husband and wife, parent and child, neighbor and neighbor, friend and friend.

Walls of self. Walls of silence. Even walls of words.

For even when we try to talk to each other new walls begin to rise. We camouflage, we hold back, we make ourselves sound better than we really are. Or we are shocked and hurt by what is revealed. Or we sit privately in judgment, criticizing even when we pretend to agree.

But with you, Lord, there are no walls. You who made me, know my deepest emotions, my most secret thoughts. You know the good of me and the bad of me; you already understand.

Why then do I turn to you?

Because as I talk to you my disappointments are eased, my joys are enhanced. I find solutions to my problems, or strength to endure what I must.

From your perfect understanding for my own life's needs.

Thank you that I can always, turn to you. I've got to talk to somebody, God.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    My goodness did that hit the spot today!! I find that, even trying to talk to my husband, he has his walls up and sometimes is en rapt in his own thoughts. We know that others care about us, but they just cannot give us what we need when we need to talk to somebody; when we just want to bare our souls and have someone truly hear us (not try to fix us)....just hear us with understanding and compassion! So, yes, I go to my GOD when I want to really talk (albeit, in silence often times) because he "Knows the good of me and the bad of me"

Thank You So Much For That
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I too like that page in her book...Saysusie and you're welcome.

As I read it, I read a bit of me and a bit of the family here from their posts in it....

Pretending to be well, better than we are, we buck up, suck up...
    Say were are fine to make other people feel good.
    Feel so deflated, lazy ridden with guilt because of IT.
    We create our world by our perceptions or misconceptions which IT can distort.
    Times measuring peoples love for us by what or what they don't do or don't understand.
    We feel they should share in our tears and feel our pain like we do.
    We feel they should be so elated because we could turn out a pie and rake up the leaves.
    We get mad in our private thoughts...frustrated and think just like a human being negative thoughts...g-r-r-rr--

We don't have to tell everyone, every person our deepest thoughts. Deep thoughts can be cruel thoughts of another or not. Negative thoughts do not nessarily mean it is true, it is just true that you thought a thought.

Yep, talking to someone, to be heard is a way to fix it ourselves. When we need that type of fixing, we are just missing one tool, another's ear..

Head hug from me.
    Oluwa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, you have us absolutely, Oluwa :lol:

The grimace on our face, because of pain, the we turn into a phony smile when someone walks into the room.
    The silent tear that falls and that no one hears at all, when we feel so alone in this struggle
    The long, silent moments spent longing for what used to be that seems to be lost forever.
    The longing to talk to someone who truly understands....yes, we are longing for another's ear.

Always
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!