Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sun reactions???

Thanks

I've always been sensative to sunlight. I learn along time ago that I would just never have a sun tan. It's physically impossible for me to tan.

Being covered in sun blisters isn't really a good look for me so I'll stick with pale N pastey hahahaha.

I usually break out in blisters on my face with in 15 minutes of direct sunlight.

Avoiding being in the sun has become second nature to me. I also become extreamly tired and sick to my stomach, only thing I can compair it to is a concusion with blisters.

I've also had a rash that comes up in the shape of a man's beard. HA now there's a look for ya. Hot and very very very very itchy.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'll just have to keep a better eye out. Not sure what caused the sudden down fall.

This may sound silly, but here goes. Never having a sun burn before, I don't know what happens when the red burn goes away. I have dark brown patches with pale peach spots where the spots I burned are. Is that normal?
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hey cheryl_v,

Doesn't sound terrible normal. Is the burn still fading? Is it smooth or bumby?

Give it a day or two, if it doesn't start to come around show it to your doctor. Do you have a camera? Take a picture of it in case you need to show your doctor a different stage.

I dont mean to alarm you. Truly it could be nothing. But we get so many rashes, better safe that sorry, if it looks like it's getting worse not better then get in to see you doctor asap.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thanks SITC, thats a good idea. It'll also help to tell if it is fading, I can compare the photo to the patch. All have faded but the large one. I'm not sure if it has, that should help. It doesn't itch and stopped stinging many days ago. Its smooth, no raise. Hubby says (thinks I'm overreacting) that its just dead skin that should have pealed but probably didn't because I lotion daily. He's sure it'll fade away. Says the pale patches are probably where the skin blistered. It wasn't raised and stung no more than the red areas. I supposed he could be right, I just feel silly not personally knowing info on this. I will keep an eye on it though. One of my sisters had skin cancer a few years ago, removal went well. So just checking to see if this was normal.

Joint and muscle pain almost more than I can bare, so off to bed. Still not sure what I did, just a fms flare I suppose. Happy Mothers Day all, you're all great!!
    Cheryl

Thanks

The last dark patch is finally starting to fade. I was a little worried since it took around 10 days to. Going to the beach again saturday, will keep a close eye on the skin and plenty of sun block.

By the way, any way to relieve a painful neck cramp. Been a few days with no relief. Tried anti-flamitories and heat compress, nothing.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Best way to relieve neck cramps for me is to see the chiropractor. I have a very dear friend who is a chiro in a nearby town and she will make housecalls when things are very bad.

If you can't do that, try to convince a loved one to apply minimal pressure. I know that pain from being massaged but someone who finds the correct amount of pressure can be a lifesaver!

Hope that helps!?

Thanks

It seems for me as this is my first warm season since being diagnosed that with direct exposure I get and itchy rash that is scaly and itches to the point I will bleed and have red bumps that bleed. Indirect, I sat on my porch in the shade for 10 minutes and got what looked like sunburn on my face arms and chest. I was wearing a tank top.

I am having a bit of brain fog so my wording is a bit discombobulated.

K

Thanks

NoodleMom,

Did you not have troubles with sun sensitivity before you were diagnosed? I have just been diagnosed and with three (+ one on the way) little ones, I don't think that it will be easy to stay out of the sun.

I am having trouble getting all this figured out...

I completely understand the fog...I recently told my two-year old to go get a diaper, though she has been potty trained for several months!

Hang in there!

Thanks

Hi GBabyMomma,

Totally understand about the Lupus/Fibro fog. I actally put the jelly in the cabinet and the peanut butter in the fridge during an "episode." I was upset later; though now I can laugh about it. I think we all have those moments.

Take it easy,

Faith 8)