Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am looking for some suport

Thanks

Default you are not alone

Hi Tatiana! I was reading your posts and I must say that you have gotten a lot of responses here. When I was first diagnosed I came here and received so much support. It kept me from going nuts. I honestly thought I was going crazy; I was angry, scared, and most of all in pain. Every single muscle ached. There were times I could not plant my feet on the ground in the am. In my mind, I was just gaining weight and it was causing me to have lower back and muscle pains. What you are encountering is I guess "normal". My family is great and can be supportive, but they really don't understand what having Lupus is. I get these comments; You always have something new each week; or Gosh, you are always tired; or You are in such a lousy mood; blah blah... At this time I have no organ involvement and I am doing well; so I understand about not wanting to complain but it can be so unbearable.... SO COMPLAIN, ITS OK. I just learned that this week and I have been feeling a lot better. I dont know if you are on meds, but I take hydroxychloroquine 2x a day and when my muscle pain is unbearable I take vioxx 25 mg for two days straight. I am usually almost normal after that. I also started YOGA. Stretching has helped me tremendously... it really works. I could not afford the classes so i brought the book and DVD from Barnes & Noble for 13 bucks. Oh and warms baths has also helped. I hope that some of this information has helped you. If you would like to have a pen pal, just let me know.. Feel better.
    Angie

Thanks

Default Thanks everyone, it really helps..by the way!!

I read the paper and CNN confirmed it, Vioxx is off the market. It was proven to cause stroke or heart realted problems. So please take notice all of us that take vioxx!
    That leads me to the latest adventure in lupus land.. my shoulder.. i was wondering if anyone had experienced this or if they know about it. My left shoulder and arm have been hurting for the last three days. At first i though that maybe i slept in the worng position, but the pain is getting worse. i cannot really define it except to say that it hurts when i lift up my arm and i cant even lift past a certain point. it feels like its muscular.. but i'm not sure. i can slowly and with support of my other arm, or by holding a wall and moving my arm up, get it all the way up. but it hurts in that position. also when i bring it back down, or sudden movements. since it hurts to move it too much, i try to keep it still, or minimize movement.. but i notice that tingling feeling, like if it fell asleep, or if it was waking up...i'm not sure how else to describe this, except that its very painfull when i move it, and my movement is definetly limited. lets just say that it took me about 5 minutes this morning just to put my shirt on before heading to work.. well, thanks again for all of your help and support. Today started badly, but after reading some of the posts here i felt better, i always forget that there are others who feel the same or worse, and taht they are willing to listen and help. its nice to have a place where to share all of this. thanks!

Thanks

Hey there!
    I am having the same thing! For the past 2 weeks I cant move my right arm. It hurts so bad. Mine feels like the shoulder is going to break if I move it. It also goes numb. I was told some of this could be connective tissue disorder. I just know it hurts. My bra strap hurts over my shoulder. Warm baths have been helping. Some easy massage has helped a little. I hate to hear you are going thru this too. When you move other parts of your body does it ever feel like they will break? My toes, wrists, and elbows do this alot. Please take care....it should pass soon...mine always do. Patience and time....thats the lupus way!
    Kathleen Gardo