Thread: Just Got Out the Hospital and Diagnosed

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Just Got Out the Hospital and Diagnosed

Hi everybody! I am Paula and my mom thinks that I should try and find some people that i can talk to while i try and deal with this new news. I am only 18 and feel like everything is coming down on me. I also have diabetes. My friends don't seem to understand. They try to think that I don't have lupus and try and take me out to clubs and stuff, but really I'm just tired. And i also can't breath when I move around too much. Is that normal? I'm trying to go back to work but i work at a shoe store. Alot of walking and moving fast. Should i quit or keep it? Alot of unanswerd questions needing to be answerd! :roll:

Thanks

Hi Paula! And welcome! Your mom was smart to tell you to talk with other people that know what you are going through. There might even be a support group in your area. Check out the Lupus Foundation website to see. I know it's hard to have such serious health issues at such a young age. My sister was diagnosed with Lupus when she was 20, my brother was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 6, and I was diagnosed with Lupus Nephritis (kidney problems from Lupus) less than a year ago at age 26. Having lots of support makes a big difference in how you view your situation. Make sure y ou have some friends that do understand....or want to learn. You have to be the one to educate them!

Best of luck with everything!

Missy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Paula; :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and our family. You mentioned that you have difficulty breathing when you move around a lot. Have you mentioned this to your doctor? Do you also experience pain in your chest when you are having difficulty breathing? You may be experiencing some lung involvement with you lupus and your doctor needs to know about this so that you can start treatment for it.
    Yes, you are very young and this is really a lot for you to have to deal with. The fatigue is the hardest part for friends and family to understand and, sometimes, it is the most debilitating part of the disease for many of us. You have to be aggressive, both with your friends and with your doctors. Learn about the disease, know what is available, insist that you be taken seriously and do not let anyone try to tell you that what you are feeling is all in your head!!
    We are here to answer your questions and to provide information...Let us know how we can help!!
    Take very good care of yourself!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie