Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my aching back......

Thanks

Default Oh my aching back......

In the past few days I have gone from sinking into a nasty flare, to having my calcified shoulders ache constantly, to feeling like I wrenched by lower back, and now, I am in constant pain all over my back and wrapping around to my abdomen.

Im ready to go to my GP and get some kind of muscle relaxers or something. Sleeping on a heating pad feels a little bit better, but, it doesn't take away the pain, and I can't function. Sitting, standing, lying down, on my side on my back, it doesn't matter. I would love for someone to just gently massage my whole back, just to help me relax. Normally, that just gives me bruises and I hurt more.

Im so tired, so tired.

Teri :cry:

Thanks

I'm so sorry for your pain, I know how you feel. A couple weeks ago I had that lower wrenching back pain that wrapped around. I couldn't sleep, lay, sit, etc. I used muscle rub and my chair massager. The chair massager worked gently without the bruising (K-Mart had it a yr ago for $30). I try to get a hot bath or shower right before using the massager, that way the muscles are more relaxed and able to loosen up some. Hope this has been helpful .
    Cheryl

Thanks

thanks Cheryl-v

I will have to go look for it, maybe they still have it. It sure beats waiting for DH to have time to rub my back, and I can use it at work if I need to.

Teri

Thanks

HI Teresaa40,

It sounds like you would do well with Flexeril to relax the muscles. Have you been dx'd with FMS? Low and upper back pain? Burning pain that doesn't end?

I would definately call the dr.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hi, Teresaa40. Faith is right - call your doc about your pain. When it starts affecting your ability to get good sleep, that's a real problem - increases your fatigue and everything feels worse, right? So sorry you're going through that.

Flexeril works inconsistently for me, unfortunately. Sometimes the only thing that does it is a pain med (like Lortab.) Hate to take pain meds, but doctor said getting good sleep is so critical to managing all of the other stuff.

I hope the docs can find something to give your back some relief.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mnjodette
    Hi, Teresaa40. Faith is right - call your doc about your pain. When it starts affecting your ability to get good sleep, that's a real problem - increases your fatigue and everything feels worse, right? So sorry you're going through that.

Flexeril works inconsistently for me, unfortunately. Sometimes the only thing that does it is a pain med (like Lortab.) Hate to take pain meds, but doctor said getting good sleep is so critical to managing all of the other stuff.

I hope the docs can find something to give your back some relief.

Jody
    Flexerill works inconsistently for me as well. In the beginning, it worked really well. The inflamation was gone. But now, it seems to come and go throughout the day. I also take darvocet & that seems to have stopped working as well. Is Lortab something like vicodin Jody?

Thanks

Yes, vicodin is the same drug as lortab - just a different brand name.

I took a lortab last night and had the weirdest dreams! Sheesh....maybe I'll just bang my head against the wall and knock myself out. That'll get me some rest! :?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mnjodette
    Yes, vicodin is the same drug as lortab - just a different brand name.

I took a lortab last night and had the weirdest dreams! Sheesh....maybe I'll just bang my head against the wall and knock myself out. That'll get me some rest! :?

Jody
    ok. thanks jody. i'll talk 2 my doctor & think about it.

Thanks

Default Fibro

Hi Ladies,

I have been absent for a while and just catching up. Dr. rx'd Flexeril 1 hour prior to bedtime, and then Klonopin at bedtime. A new med for break away pain that just won't end is a generic med called Soma 375 mg; take every 6 hours. It's great and really breaks through the pain.

I just wanted to share and pass it on. I hope everyone is doing well.

Take Care,

Faith 8)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Faith;
    I'm glad to hear that your medications are helping with you pain :lol: I know what a relief that must be!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!