Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rob...how ya doing?

Thanks

Jesseyleigh, that is exactly what I tell people around me all the time. It is so true.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi, Rob. I'm sorry you had news that's set you back. You've had more than your share, haven't you? I think MS is also autoimmune in nature. In MS the body attacks itself by stripping off the myelin sheath of your nerve fibers. So what you describe could be consistent with that.

In my husbands department at the Univ., he had a staff person who was diagnosed with MS in his 20s. He still works there (my hubby is since retired) but since this guy was diagnosed, he and his wife have had a couple of kids, he's built a new home, and done lots of everyday, normal things. He has good times and bad times, but often was able to lead a pretty average kind of life. That's not to say he will always be able to do that, but he sure has for a number of years now.

Don't give up hope, Rob! Life still holds promise - the path may not be one of your choosing, but it still could be filled with lots of wonderful things. And MS doesn't necessarily mean giving up your dreams...maybe just altering the timetable a bit, huh?

Hugs and good thoughts coming your way, Rob....and hopes for some good news for a change!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jesseyleigh
    God will never give us more than we can handle!
    Hey Jesseyliegh and Cheryl, I used to tell people that, too until it occured to me that it is a matter of semantics.

The Bible does say that He will never give us more than we can handle,

but

It also says: In our weakness he makes us strong.....

so in conclusion....whatever we are given has nothing to do whether we are strong enough for it, he will give us the strength to handle it.

I just hate it when my sister and others says to be Gosh you must me soooo strong for God to be allowing these things....as if...strong? Me :shock:

Have a blessed day,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hey Rob,

How are you doing, today? I am glad that you have come around in your mind to more of an exceptance. Not really embracing, though.

I know with me, it doesn't make the problem go away, but when I accept the issue, then I can try to make plans on how to combat it.

I am still praying that this is a bad dream and that tomorrow you will wake up feeling better.

I also know a man who has lived a totally productive live with ms. He has a wife and two kids. He was a professor at a local university. I say was because he has since retired..around 6 years ago.

Have a better day,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost