Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob...how ya doing?

Thanks

Default Rob...how ya doing?

How was your weekend. I hope you are feeling better. Keeping you in my thoughts. Let us know how your appoints go.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Yes Rob, how are you doing...Making it a long weekend I hope. Thinking of you too...wondering how goes life...

I've been out of the loop for a bit..trying to jump in...

Hugs,
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm getting by, but it's been a rough couple of days. The pain meds and /or the naproxen have been making me sick to my stomach. My vision is still a bit fuzzy in the rt. eye, but it's not gotten any worse thankfully. My opthamologist appt. is tomorrow. MRI is Friday. A little good news-it was 60 degrees yesterday, and sunny. The seagulls are beginning to show up too, a sure sign of spring. How are you guys doing? I've read about both of your problems with your dr./rheumotologists. I'm sorry things are so frustrating for you. I've been a bit out of the loop here myself. I need to catch up a bit. It's 2 am, and I'm going to try to sleep. I'll stop back later to say hi. I hope you both get your dr/rheumo situations worked out. Good night, and I'll talk to you later.

rob

Thanks

Rob

We had the same warm sunny day here yesterday. Actually this whole week is supposed to bed nice. There's one day that is calling for rain, but it's still going to be warm.

Sorry you've not been well. Naproxen is sounding familier...I've been tried on so many drugs over the past two years I cant keep them straight anymore.

Good luck with your opthamologist appointment today. Hope you have some cool aviator sun glasses and baseball hat to wear. No sense in freaking your eyes out on the way there :lol:

Are you able to drive? When my vertigo is acting up I cant drive .
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Rob,

Still thinking of you! Will send extra thought waves for your 2 appointments!

All the best to you
    ColleenT

Thanks

Glad to see your ok. Was a little concerned maybe app. went badly or something since you didn't reply back. I hope it went ok for you. I take Neproxen and it will upset your stomache. I take an acid reducer, Equate (Wal-Mart version of Zantac). Doc said take one every morning and one in evening if still gets upset. It takes a few days, but does work. Can help protect your stomache some from the harshness of some meds. Hope this helps. Milk or yogurt soothes quickly if need something now to help relieve. Hope this helps.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hey Rob,

I was wondering if you have Sjogren's? I was reading a little bit this weekend in Dr. Wallace's book and noted that one of the miscellanous auto-immune diseases that's Sjogren patients can get are MS and lymphoma.

I am praying that you don't have MS. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Faith

Thanks

Rob,

When you are up to it..loop back in...

In my prayers you are...hug.
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi everyone,

I had my opthamologist appt today. Did a bunch of different tests. All the problems I've been having are consistent with MS. The opthamologist cannot make a diagnosis of course, but he was straight with me and said it was a very distinct possibility. I now have to see a Neuro-Opthamologist. I didn't know there was such a thing. The N.O. specializes in anything having to do with the optic nerve, and all its various connections to the brain. The N.O. is going to do a test called an MRA. I guess it's similar to an MRI. I go for the regular MRI this Friday. Then I get the MRA next week. I also discussed another odd symptom, when my eyes are closed, sometimes a loud noise will cause a bright flash of light in one or both of my eyes. I was reluctant to talk with him about it at first, how can a person "see" a sound, it sounds crazy. Well, it's not and there is a rather long name for this symptom. I'll have to look at my paperwork, to get the name straight, as it's something I'd never heard of until today. It's caused by the de-myelinization of nerves. It's like if you had two electrical wires that had the insulation stripped off of them and then you touch them together causing a shory-circuit. Unfortunately, this problem is also fairly typical for people with MS. Right now, I just want to crawl into a hole and hide, and then come back out when all of this has gone away. Of course, that's not possible. I haven't even started to think about what could happen to a person with both Lupus and MS. I want so much for this to not be MS. But, so far there have been nothing but more signs that it is MS, and there have been no signs whatsoever that say it's not. All I ever really wanted in life, was to have a wife, a family of my own. I wanted to pursue my lifelong dream of having my own business. Those things are gone, and I'm starting to accept all that. I'm starting to tell myself, yeah that stuff is gone, but I can start enjoying my new life and my new home here in Maine. But now, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even be able to enjoy that. I don't think that's too much to ask for. I'm sorry if I'm rambling on a bit, I just don't know what to think at this point. Thank you guys for all your words of support. I appreciate it all very much.

Rob

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya Rob,

You've had a kick in the teeth with this. I'm sure it's all set you back a couple of steps. Have you discussed this with your family?

I dont blame you for wanting to find a hidey hole somewhere....just dont lose yourself in it. We'd miss you too much.

One step at a time. One day at a time. I'm very glad you have your friend coming for a visit. I think you could use the company and the distraction
    Oh look ... a cookie