Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have jaw pain?

Thanks

Sorry guys,

I guess another symptom we all tend to share. Rob, I would talk with the dentist if the mouth guard doesn't work. Ouch!! That is painful.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

I get jaw pain sometimes, (in a flare), but my jaw pops all the time. It's just like someone described it: It's hard to move, then i force it to pop. But i really like it when it pops, it's really satisfying, haha.

Thanks

OUCH racinie

Is there anything the doc can do for you?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I have no idea, he sort of wrote it off as night-time teeth clenching. If it starts hurting a lot, i think i'll see my GP.

Thanks

I have jaw pain, there's arthritis in the joint. Plus I do have a habit of grinding my teeth.

I have a mouth piece that i wear to bed, but that doesn't mean it will be in my mouth when I wake up. I also sleep wake when I'm upset or unsettled. So I've found the stupid mouth piece in some interesting places :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

My doctor told me that it was common with both Lupus (arthritis in the jaw) and with Fibromyalgia. I have the night guard that I have to replace at least 3 times a year. I sleep walk and it just disappears on me from time to time. So I can relate with you SITC at finding it in weird places. I also have to consciously either sing to the radio in the car or sit there with my mouth open. I tend to clench my teeth when I drive. Since I have over an hour and a half commute to work it gets very sore! I actually see a chiropractor once a month and he is magic with my jaw.
    ~SwirlyGirly~
    California
    })i({

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have terrible jaw pain, but it is due to my TMJ. This is fairly common with those of us who suffer from Fibromyalgia. The pain can affect my ability to eat at times and my jaw pops whenever I open it :lol!:

I am currently in physical therapy and we've been working on my TMJ. My therapist did suggest getting a mouth piece, especially at night when I tend to grind my teeth.

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I also have jaw pain due to tmj....I dont like the mouth piece that I should wear at night. It is uncomfortable to me...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Saysusie

You should give the mouth piece a try...I grined my teeth at night, but I dont when I have the mouth piece in. I've shattered a back molar already. So I'm trying to be good and where the stupid thing through the night. :roll:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I finally purchased one, haven't used it yet :? I will try it tonight. It is very soft and pliable (I had expected something hard and metallic and was not looking forward to having that in my mouth all night), so I am much more inclined to try it now. :lol:
    I'll let you know tomorrow

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!