Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Worried

Hey guys,

I'm becoming more and more concerned about some strange symptoms that are really bothering me. I've been having vision problems. I have all the signs of optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve). With that, I also have this problem of my eyes moving really fast left and right. It's like when you read a book, and you track left and right to read each line, but speed it up about 100 times. It's like a short burst that lasts only a few seconds. Everything goes blurry for those few seconds. Today it's been happening a couple of times a minute. And I'm having difficulty with my right arm/hand. I've broken three glasses today from this weird kind of spasm. I'll go to pick up a glass, or put the glass back down, and when I do my arm involuntarily jerks rather violently, knocking over the glass. I've been dropping things too. I'll be holding onto something and it's like it just slips out of my grip without me having any sensation of it. It's like my brain no longer is connected to the nerves in my fingers. I'm having trouble writing as well. And, to top it all off, my right foot seems to be having the same problem as my right hand. My foot drags a bit when I walk. Unfortunately, these are classic symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. I've heard of people having overlapping ilness as in MS and SLE together. I know I shouldn't worry until I have some tests done to see if it MS, but the symptoms I'm having are so pronounced and obvious. I have an Eye Dr. appt tomorrow, and I see my G.P. Friday. Most likely he is going to refer me to a neurologist. MRI of the brain, and taking a spinal fluid sample are generally the first tests given if MS is suspected. It's something like 2:00 am right now, I should try to get some sleep. Thanks for letting me unload a bit.

Thanks

Default Any news?

Hey rob

How are you today? Any news from your dr appt?

Hugs

Thanks

Hugsss Rob,

My friend who has MS said that when her vision goes (yes it comes and goes like a flare) it's like the old tv sets that the screen flipps and rolls. Makes it hard for her to keep her eyes open.

This is very tireing for her...she says her head gets heavy to hold up because of the constant vision flipping. She rests her eyes by wearing very dark sunglasses. This started for her when she was in her late 20's.

As of a yr ago, she is in remission. I dont know how long that will last. But for now she is happy to have control again after so many years.

Whether or not you have MS your vision must be wearing on you...try to rest them. Let us know how you are doing. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Your in my thoughts.

Gentle hugs
    Susan
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Rob;
    Please let us know how your doctor's appointment went. I truly, truly hope that MS is not the diagnosis. But, whatever it is, it does sound like some CNS involvement. Keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks alot everyone,

I just got back from my Eye Dr., and as I thought, he has referred me to an Opthamologist. He couldn't give me any definite answers, but did say there is something going on in my right eye. Pressure, inflammation, and an excessive amount of those bothersome "floaters" . So now I'm waiting for the opthamologist to call with an opening. I see my GP Dr. tomorrow, and I'm sure that will be another referral as well. I feels a little better knowing I now have the ball rolling at least. I can wish all day long that I don't have another possible problem to deal with, but that doesn't change the fact that there is something going on that needs to be dealt with. Thanks for all the support guys, it really makes a difference. I'll keep you updated.

P.S. I started using a voice recognition program on my computer today, to help me with my difficulty reading/typing. I just speak normally and it types for me by voice. It also reads everything to me, so communication back and forth is not a problem.

Rob

Thanks

Ummm Rob?

Is the voice recognition thingy fluent in typo and bad grammer? I can her it now...Sorry Rob, I have no idea what this moron is typing! :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thats funny! It stopped as soon as it saw "Ummm rob", and said it cannot read that word, would I like to continue. It sounds so funny. It's supposed to "learn" after you've used it for awhile. It kinda sounds like the female computer voice from Alien or Star Trek. "You have ten minutes before your computer self destructs Captain Picard, would you like to proceed?" Umm, no thanks. "Sorry, that doesn't compute." BOOM. It will say cuss words too. Oh, I am going to have fun with this! But if it starts telling me "Resistance is Futile", or "An Alien Entity Has Penetrated The Outer Airlock", I'm going to ask for my money back.

Thanks

I'll try not to frustraite her too much, but lol I've been very dislexic lately and my typing is all over the place. She just might quit on ya ha ha ha ha.

hmmm what do I want to make her say to you, hmmm.

you have two cats, don't you? Hee hee

Here kitty kitty kitty. Who wants a treat. Come and get a treat sp sp sp sp.

Oh this is going to me endless fun.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Boy it does sound fun to use. I might like to use something like that. At the moment it really hurts my right arm to type for very long.

Glad to hear that you have the "ball rolling" as well....I have many of those troublesome floaters. Did your doc tell you how to get rid of them? It drives me crazy. At one time I wondered if that was a symptom of what was ailing me in my eyes. Possibly causing the miagraines. But alas, the doc said that they do not cause miagraines.

Yes if my computer said something like "Resistance is futile", I would get out also. My sons are trekkies...I used to watch the originals with my dad, so I have a warm place when I think about....Space...A final frontier...hey maybe the ailiens have a cure for lupus :lol:

Actually, it would be nice if Dr McCoy would come in with his shot and give me something that would cure me.

Sigh.......

Well have a good one,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob, will keep the good thoughts heading your way for your various appointments. Hope it doesn’t turn out to be anything too serious but that you do get an answer at the same time.

C x

Oh and also I almost forgot, “You will be assimilated”.
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).