Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaquenil

Thanks

Hey Sitsc & Oluwa,

Eye checks should be completed every 6 months to verify there is no toxicity in the eyes. I was told it would be covered under my regular insurance due to it being related to a medical illness. I pay $35.00 and that's about it.

Hope you are feeling well today.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Same here Faith,

It's funny because I just switched eye doctors and because of my age, one of his first questions was "are you on any medications that would require a seperate eye exam. I said no cause I hadn't started the plaquenil yet.

During the eye exam I told him I had arthritis and was being seen by a rhuemy. He asked which one and I told him. He sais hmmm she's a patient of mine. And the next time I see the rhuemy she puts me on the plaquenil. Which kind of surprised me because I thought I was doing pretty good, but she said "Not good enough".

The last time I saw her she said wow you look great, so the plaquenil is helping...I said "no I feel exactly the same as before but I did just have my hair done." :shock: :P
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

it sounds horrible but sometimes the best treatment is treating yourself to something like a pedicure or having someone do your hair. I always leave having a fresh perspective sounds like you did too