Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Apnoea/hypopnoea Syndrome

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sleep Apnoea/hypopnoea Syndrome

Okay, that's it, I'm done!
    I can't take anymore!
    Last week was bad enough with learning that the level of protine in my urine just hit +4 and now I have to do a 24 hour urine check thing. The possibility of scar tissue on my lungs, the chest x-ray and having to go back for an ECG and that other breathing test.

And today I finally get the results of a sleep check I had done in July last year! They say that my tests show I have sleep apnoea and I now have to go and be fitted for a CPAP mask and go in for another overnight test!

I swear, whoever dishes all these problems out I'm done with it! Do not give me anything else, I've reached my limit! I'll deal with everything you've already heaped on me but you can keep anything else you have in store thank you very much!

Sorry folks and thank you for space to rant before I start my day!

Claire
    x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

:| oh geesh Numpty...I sure do hope this sleep test goes better than the last one. That would really really suck. Vent away...we all have our kick at that can here lol.

Thanks

Numpty,

I know how you feel. Just when you think you have had everything you can possible have, here comes one more thing. I too have sleep apnea. I have a cpap machine and I have to say, you will feel much better soon! Don't get me wrong, I hate that mask! But, it will make a world of difference in your fatigue level. It won't make it go away but it will help.

Take care!

Thanks

Numpty,

I feel you (as my kids would say)....everytime you think that you have a handle on something, then something else seems to happen...I am all for boring..nothing new...it seems with me when something new is going on it is something that was unwanted.

As Rob said to me in another message, Hope is such a gift. At least we can hope that tomorrow will bring about the solution.

Here's looking to a brighter tomorrow,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you for the well wishes, only about 8 weeks until I get the machine and I can't wait to sleep!

Sonschild,
    Thank you for letting me know that sleep filled nights are in my future. I have to admit that knowing I have it without the mask yet is a bit frightening as I'm on my own with two kids and there's nobody to wake me up but if I've survived this long... ~lol~
    Will let you know how it goes with the machine when I get it and here's to a less grumpy and tired future me!
    C x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

Why does it take 8 weeks to get the machine? Are they making it especially for you? I have not had to get one and am inquisitive.

I will keep you in my prayers for safe and restful sleep.

Karen

Btw. As you have your sign on as Numpty.....are you a member of Scottish Parliament?
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

As if you didn't already have a full plate, now there's this. I would be angry too. Enough is enough already. I know what sleep apnea is, but I'm unfamiliar with the mask/treatment you mentioned. It doesn't sound like fun. I hope you can get this bump in the road smoothed out quickly. Sleep is sometimes one of our only escapes. To have that disrupted can be so discouraging. Come here, and vent away whenever you need to. Venting is like a verbal punching bag. You tend to feel better after you've gone a few rounds with it.

Thanks

I'm new here and just catching up on some of the posts and I too have sleep apnea but can't understand why it is taking 8 weeks to get your cpap machine. I was tested, fitted and had my mask and machine withing 10 days. I will tell you that I feel so much better after sleeping with the machine. You will get good quality sleep. I now sleep through the night without waking up. Its wonderful!!!

Thanks

Numpty,

Why is it taking 8 weeks? I would be on the phone with the insurance? Is it coming from another country? lol.

I have to echo Karen and Rob. Just when you think you are coping with all the auto-immunes and health issues, bang, something else to deal with. I love boring too; nothing new is peaceful.

I hope you get some sleep soon. My brother-in-law uses one and it has helped tremendously though he looks like a pilot. lol. I like to give him a hard time.

Hope is a gift.

Take care,

Faith :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

~chuckles~ Things run a little differently over here in the UK. We can't choose our doctors and the waiting lists are horrible!
    Here's how the sleep check tests have gone so far...
    July 2007 - Spent night in hospital to have the sleep study done
    February 2008 - Receieved results of above sleep study
    April 2008 - Will be educated and fitted for mask
    May 2008 - Will spend another night in hospital so they can decide what pressure of air needs to be put through the machine for me and then I get to bring it home... as far as I know!

Heh.. the NHS is a bit rubbish but at least I don't have any medical bills at the end of the day because I know I couldn't afford all this if I had to pay myself. We pay national insurance through our salary every month and always have so you hardly notice.

Rob - The CPAP treatment is like a little quiet oxygen machine with a mask attachment. You wear the mask at night and it blows air through your nose (I think) which stops your throat from collapsing through the night. Or something like that ~lol~

Thank you for all the well wishes, I shall let you all know how I get on!

C x

Oh and Karen, I'm not a member of parliament but I should be :lol: My friends call me Numpty more because of the 'bumbling fool' part I think!