Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am a grandmother, now

Thanks

Default I am a grandmother, now

My daughter gave birth to a baby girl. I got to watch her be born...it was great. I had never seen a baby born up close and personal without I was doing the pushing.
    I hear that being a grandmother is much more fun than being a mom because the discipline is for the parents and spoiling is for grandma.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Very cool! Congrats Grandma! Is the new mom holding up well?

Thanks

sick n tired

Congrats Grammy! Woohoo...you dont have time to poste any more..get shopping you've got a grandchild to spoil rotten :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Congrats!

I've loved being an aunt - because I could not only spoil 'em, I could hand them back when their diapers were dirty. Aunts don't have to do those things. Its written in the rule book.

I hear being a grandmother is even BETTER. Enjoy evry minute!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Yes Hatlady,

Auntie and Grandma can be the same in the spoiling and giving back stuff.

SITC I have already been shopping!

Rob, The mom is doing fine. I intend to go to her house for a few days to help her to adjust.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Congratulations!!! I became a grandma a year ago and same as you got to be in there with my daughter, it was awesome. We just celebrated his 1st birthday today... And, Yes.. being a grandma is the BEST!!! You'll see. My husband and I are in LOVE with our little guy and can't get enough of him. Just wait til' your's smiles at, reaches for and crawls and walks to you... you're gonna melt. I am so happy for you. :lilangel:
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Well Congrats right back atcha, Lula2ya, I'll bet your little guy is as perfect and angel as my Lexie.

:lilangel:

In Him,

Karen

BTw, what are you having your little guy call you?

Thanks

My husband is half Japanese so my daughter wants him to call me by what Japanese children call their grandma's. Grandmother in japanese is Oba-chan but when they are babies they can't say it we read that some call them baba chan or just baba instead. So I'm referred to as baba. I think it's cute. It's quite hilarious though because I'm hispanic. LOL Lexie is an adorable name.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

How cute...my hubby is half hispanic...I think he wants to be called Papi,

I think Welita will be too hard, possibly wele or lita. actually, just plain grandmommy might be great, too. I heard that grandkids sometimes name the grandparents.

Take Care,

Kare

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Woot! Congrats Karen!

My son picked what he wanted to call his grandparents himself without much prompting really. He calls my mum and dad, Nanna and Grandad and he calls the ex's parents, Granny and Papa.

My mum didn't like Nanna at first but that's what he started saying and now she loves it ~l~

They're not babies for long of course so enjoy every minute of it. Sometimes the laughter of children is one of the best medicines! I hope it does wonders for you!

C x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).