Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I woke up this morning with crushing chest pains.

Thanks

Default I woke up this morning with crushing chest pains.

I cant get comfortable...it hurts from my right shoulder blade around my colar bone and under my arm.

I don't know if it's resperatory or if it's arthritis now all through my rib cage.

Guess I'll be cuddling with the heating pads and book this weekend.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And the fancy sheets, don't forget the sheets that you were trying to sell to Rob and I ~chuckles and leaves gentle hugs so as not to hurt you further~

Prop yourself up with cusions and maybe try putting a hot water bottle or wheat bag (the ones you microwave - they're fantastic) on where its sore and get some sleep.

Also, I've found with my rib pain that if I keep the palm of my hand pressed against the area gently it seems to help a little. I definately don't recommend poking at it with a finger.. I did that to my ribcage once when it was sore and made myself cry. I swear, I could feel the pain for ages afterwards just from one wee prod.

I'll check back tomorrow to see how you're doing then!

C x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

:shock: Oh my numpty!!!!

My doctor did that to me when I went to her about the pains on the right side....and it throbbed for the rest of the day LOL so dont DO that lol.

I dont think I'll tell her about the left side incase she gets poke happy again. hahahahaha
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Sitsc,

I am wondering if it may be inflammation or costchrondritis. Sounds like costchrondritis though I would definately check with the doctor. Costchrondritis is usually from Fibromyalgia when you have over exerted yourself. Saysusie will probably pop in with suggestions.

Doctor told me long warm soaks in the tub; and heating pad. It became my best friend. I am hoping it is not costchrondritis. I hope you feel better soon. Sending hugs . . . .

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Thanks Faith...

I had a long soak in the tub last evening...grabbed my cat and my hot water bottle and toddled off to bed.

Slept right though the night ... untill my cat had a brain storm on how to make mummy forget about her rib pain. He stood on my sore knee with all four paws and did the kneeding thing. :shock:

Sure made me forget about my sore ribs. :P

I'm still tender this morning...knowing the way I go, by the time I get into the doctor's on tuesday....this pain will be gone :roll:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

SItC,

Sorry to hear about the rib pain...I have quite a bit of that. I think that it is a combination of chostrondritis and gerd.

:lol: I laughed out loud when you wrote about your cat. In fact I am still chuckling. My cat, gato, did the same thing only he sat on my chest. He is big enough to give Oluwa's cat a run for the money.

Hope today is more pain free,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heya SITC
    Just checking in to see how that rib pain is going today.. oh yeah and the cat induced knee worsening too! ~hugs~
    C x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey SITC,

I have the same problem. I get terrible bouts of costochondritis. I get terrible shoulder/neck pain too. Makes it very hard to sleep. It comes and goes every couple of weeks or so. It's really hard to sleep when it happens. Aleve helps somewhat. A hot shower helps, but I can't tolerate water above lukewarm. A heating pad helps alot. Ah, the joys of inflammation.

Thanks

Awww guys...thanks for the sympathies...the heat is helping

The pawed prince is going to be banished from the bedroom if he doesn't knock it off :lol:

I'm used to the pain in the left side..I barely think about it anymore..funny what you can become used to...but I hope the right side isn't a new perminent thing...cause that would just suck.

I went to a 50th wedding anniversary party this afternoon. I stood on my feet for over two hours not good
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Sitsc,

Get off those feet and rest. Ouch!! I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith