Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking in :)

Thanks

I'll bet that you woke up in the morning and at first wondered what what different. Sometimes when pain is out constant companion it is strange, pleasant but strange when it first goes away.

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hey Giselle,

To slow menses flows, purchase Cinnamon caps at your local health store or market. Take 2-3 per day and it will make a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Faith 8)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Giselle;
    I've been on vacation for a week and just wanted to add my "welcome" to the ones you've already received. The rashes do sound like lupus rash, especially since you describe them as red, raised, and scaly. The treatments you are currently taking usually helps with the rash. Often, doctors will also prescribe Plaquenil which has been very effective for many lupus rashes.
    I'm glad that you were able to get a few nights of restful sleep and that your menstrual bleeding has slowed down a bit.
    Hang in there with school. It probably feels like you are doing more work on home school, than you would if you were on campus every day :lol: But, do try to hang in there. I admire your tenacity!

Again....welcome back and we hop to hear from you often

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks again everyone for your kind words!

It's been a couple weeks or so since I have checked in. I still have a lot of homework coming in, ugh. Saysusie, you are so right that it seems I am doing much more work on homebound than I would be at school, it's ridiculous.

I haven't really noticed any new rashes, so that's one positive thing. Also, the Femcon is working really well now like it should, so I am so relieved about that.

Last week, I waited until the last minute to do a research paper(not the best idea), and I ended up staying up until 6am finishing it for the next day when my English teacher came by. Well, first, it turns out mine was too long(I had 8 pages, and she just told me it's supposed to be only 3-5 :shock , how am I supposed to condense it that much? I wish I knew that from the beginning then I wouldn't have stayed up and worked so hard on it. Secondly, I think staying up until 6am flared my symptoms up, so this past week, I've haven't been feeling my best, unfortunately. But, I think, and hope, I am getting out of it now.

Then, I had to finally get some routine tests done for my rheumy. You know how the doctors write those medical codes down for insurance purposes? Well, under the diagnosis/reasoning section, I looked up the codes he wrote down, and one of them turned out to be SLE. That was a bit of a shock, I didn't think he diagnosed me, I thought I was still suspected. Anyways, I just got the results back today, and some of the UA results are abnormal, but the most important one is that my protein is 2+. I've had protein show up before, but in lesser amounts, never that much. Does anyone know if that's bad? My rheumatologist ordered a repeat UA for tomorrow. I've been reading how that much protein shouldn't show up at all in your urine. :? Is that a cause for concern?

Well, that's been me for the past couple weeks. I still try to pop in from time to time and catch up on threads, it just seems I have no time. I can't wait until summer, I am counting down the weeks.

Thanks

Hi ya Gisèle

For some it is a concern. No matter what type of lupus you have, each person is very unique in how they display their symptoms. So yes you need to be aware of things. But just cross bridges as you come to them. There's no point in worrying about what may never happen.

Do you take courses through the summer or do you have a break untill fall?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Gisele -

Sorry I didn't pop in earlier to say hello. I am so glad to hear the plaquenil is working for you. Hopefully, you will be back to your young self (or close to it) in time to enjoy your summer with your friends. In the meantime, take care.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

have they done an ultrasound to rule out fibroids? I think that is a huge reason for heavy, long periods and messed up cycles.

I had one the other day where they inject your uterus with fluid to see the lining better and it showed many in me, with one huge one. I at the docs today to discuss the possibility of ablation and more than likely a hysterectomy. I am done having kids and get so sick with my periods which come every 2-3 weeks and pretty anemic so they can have it if they want it long as they leave my ovaries!

After the ultrasound, I came home and looked it up and this is common for fibroids. I have had the lap and no signs of endo anywhere.

Hoping for the best for you!
    Krissy in New Hampshire

DX: Antiphospholipid syndrome, Raynauds, Lyme disease, and lupus "suspect"

Thanks

Gisele..where was I when you posted...humm. Lovely to read you again...hugs...and you're doing great for the most part.

I've wonder how you had been, I think I may have even put an APB out there for you....

Results in from your UA, yet?

Loves...
    Oluwa

I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hey Oluwa...

Just thought I'd mention...looks like this thread was from back in 2008...

I too was surprised to see Gisele's name on the board....but looked closer and saw it was an old post.

Mmmmmmmmm............. I do hope she's okay though. I know she was a regular here for quite while.

Lori

Thanks

Oh, I see the year now..I had read the day and must have skimmed over 2008. Maybe she has this marked and will receive an email...Thanks, Lori...
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.