Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Night

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Bad Night

Got the chills tonight even though it's 75 degrees in here. It took me 3 trips to the kitchen to remember I wanted a glass of milk. My body feels as though it's made of lead. Although my stomach is growling, I have no appetite. I should take my own advice, and hope for a good morning. Goodnight all, gonna try to get some sleep.

Thanks

Awwwww hugs rob

I hope you managed to have a good sleep. I was so misserable last week I really feel for ya.

I was wrapping a hot water bottle in a tshirt and walking around with it stuffed up my clothes :lol:

If ya take a hot bath or shower be careful of your skin. My skin has become very delicate and doesn't react well to hot water.

Another shameless plug for polar fleece bed sheets and round up your kitties and stuff em inthe bed with you...three little furry hot water bottles drink lots of fluids...do you like herbal teas? No caffine and it gives you something warm to drink.

I like chamomile tea and mint tea the best. Chamomile calms the stomach and the nerves, induces sleep and eases cold symptoms. Mint tea calms the stomach as well and it helps with respatory as well.

I never used to be a tea drinker but since I've had to cut back on my caffine I started drinkng these teas. If nothing else it warms up the insides.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Oh thanks SITC, what a night. I'm still up, and it's 5 AM. When my next ssn payday comes, I'm going to go buy these sheets you have been talking about. I can't take a shower when I'm like this, it hurts too much. It's like, there is only a narrow temperature range I can tolerate, and one degree above, or one degree below, burns or stings. Just the water hitting me when I first get in the shower feels like an electric shock. I've been overly-sensitive to water temperature for the past couple of years, but not this sensitive. Weird. Ain't lupus just a kick in the pants! Good news! My sister made me an offer she knew I couldn't refuse, in order to get me out of the house more. She's the administrator at the ME State Veterans Hospital. I stopped in to say hi on my way back from the marina the other day, and she asked if I could volunteer once a week to just come in and talk to some of her patients, read to them, play chess, whatever they want. Some of them will only open up to someone who can "walk the walk, talk the talk sort of thing".It's not on a schedule, and I can come in for an hour, or longer at my discretion. She knew that if she asked me to help with something Vet related, I would have to say yes, that sneaky little you know what. Anyway, it will allow me to venture out a little more. I'm still struggling with this isolation thing. Little steps are better than no steps at all. Glad to hear you have had a few good days. Gonna try to sleep again. Talk to you later.

Thanks

Rob...I'm grinning ear to ear here.

I think that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a smart sis you have. That's a wonderful idea and I'm sure your company will be well appreciated. I know you'll pace yourself so there's no need for me to nag ya *cough.

Sounds like you are in the same state I was in last week. I feel for ya. Do what you can to get your body temp up. It was hard to get to sleep last week cause I felt like I was radiating ice of the core of my body. I've never had such a bone deep chill. I should give you my brother's phone number he's great for 3 hour conversations that gets your blood pressure up :lol: (just kidding...you'ld never forgive me)

Bundle up and think warm thoughts stuff your kitties in your jammies if ya have to lol.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Rob,

I hope you are feeling better by now. I think you will be a breathe of fresh air and a bundle of laughs for the Vets and in return they will be the same for you. All we can do is take one step at a time. Keeping stepping.

Thanks

Rob, that's really great - talk about a win-win! I agree with SITC - your sister is a smartie. Vets really deserve a break, and you need a social outlet - perfect fit.

Sorry you've had the crummies. Yeah, lupus truly is a kick in the pants - and it's sooooo "creative." Never seems to 'kick' you the same way twice. :twisted:

Here's hoping Easter dawns with you feeling warmer and more comfortable.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Oh Rob,

I am sorry that you feel so bad. I HATE being cold. It seems that I always am, though.

I sometimes drink hot tea or just hot water to warm me up a bit.

What a caring sister of yours....it must feel so great to know that she cares with you.

Many hugs for you and some warm slippers, too,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Thanks everyone,

Jody, I think I remember you saying you were going to Hawaii? If so, how was it? I'm a WWII buff, and I've always wanted to go there and see the Arizona Memorial. My sister is a real pistol. She's about 5 foot nothing, and a hundred pounds soaking wet, but she could kick my butt, and I'm twice her size. It's funny, she's one of the few people in my family who never was in the military, but she would have been one heck of a drill sergeant! She's done an awful lot to reform the VA Hospitals in our area, and make them the state of the art facilities they should be. She runs a tight ship, but like the saying in the TV show MASH, it's the "Best Care Anywhere". In fact, imagine Hot Lips Margaret Houlihan with red hair, and thats my sister. I'm proud of her. Thanks for the support everyone, and have a happy Easter!

Rob

Thanks

Morning Rob...

How did you sleep last night? Are you feeling any better?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi SITC,

I'm doing ok, not great. Upset stomach bugging me. It happens from time to time. Burning, nausea, and fire coming out of the tailpipe if you know what I mean. Don't know if it's Lupus related or not. It happens every couple of weeks regardless of what I eat. Was going to go to my folks place for dinner, but decided against it. No biggie. I got a couple of movies from Netflix to watch, and of course, my 3 lovable furballs to keep me company. I woke this morning with one on my feet, one on my chest, and one next to my head. They're so funny. I really believe pets know what's going on with us. They act different when I feel really sick. I have a little tiny remote controlled car that I made to look like a mouse. They love chasing it, so we'll be doing that this afternoon. Have a happy Easter!