Thread: Hi...newbie to site, not to lupus

Thanks

Default Hi...newbie to site, not to lupus

Hi. I live in the Seattle area and have had SLE for about 2.5 years. I'm 38 years old. Unfortunately, I learned I had the disease when pregnant and had my 20 week ultrasound. Baby's heartrate VERY low (50s). They said, 'you might have lupus'...anyway, baby didn't survive despite multiple meds, MD visits and praying... :cry: Had previous miscarriage they now relate to lupus-coag issues. Rare & tragic way to find out, but a quick trip to the rheumy and quick diagnosis...unlike many of our lupus friends. Now have dealt with mostly minimal symptoms, on Plaquenil and occassional predisone. Now with weird neurological sypmtoms (ei dizziness, weakness, fogginess, memory issues, headaches, abnormal brain scans). Looking for support group with answers for daily life issues, diet, working, herbal remedies, and excersise. Local lupies great! Thanks!
    Leah

Thanks

Hi suomigal

Nice to meet you. I'm a 48 yr old female, living in Nova Scotia Canada. I am currently waiting lol to be diagnosed.

My mother had lupus and my sister has it. My family doctor believes I have it as well, unfortuantely the rhuemy she sent me to does not believe in lupus and refuses to test for it. My doctor is having a conversation with her and I think I'll be looking for a new rhuemy.

My sister lost 5 pregnacies...that was before we knew about the lupus. She now has two healthy teen age boys.

I married late and I dont have any children. I'm not as strong willed as my sister.

There's alot of nice folks here and good support. I'm sure they will be along soon to say hi.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Welcome Leah,

Welcome to our family forum due to Saysusie. You will find empathy, compassion and daily issues we all have to address everyday.

I am sorry to hear you lost your baby.

If you are looking for a support group with answers for daily life issues, you have hit the right forum. Welcome again. Brown eyed girl is from Seattle along with some other members. They are right in your neighborhood.

Welcome again and take care,

Faith

Thanks

Default Hello and Welcome -

Just wanted to welcome you. Sorry for your loss. Hope you find comfort and support here.

Be well,

Jana

Thanks

Suomigirl....

Mita Kulu? That is about it on my Finnish and a few naughty words, prayers, songs and phrases . Always the easiest to learn. I am half Finnish. My Mum spoke Finnish, as well as my Moomoo..but we always went out and played when the conversations in Finn started, we figured they were talking about us or adult things...

I use to live in Seattle, Sammamish, across from Issaquah last home. I still call it home even if I am in South Carolina. I still have many family members there. There are quite a few women here from the Seattle and outling areas...Gosh atleast a half dozen...

Suzigue, Browneyed Girl as Faith mention...oh gee my little pinhead farted. I can't remember..Lupus is messing with me, again. Have you looked in the local support forum below....

Leah, I am so sorry for your loss, your baby, the miscarriages. I can only imagine your heart ache. I don't have children.

Welcoming you with arms wide open...read on, ask about, we all have a bit of something to give and I look forward to learning from you too...

Keep well, Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Oluwa

I love your easter bunny face! That's soooo cute.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Welcome Leah,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that some time has passed. Time does not take everything away, it just helps us better deal with it. I have lost 3. One was full term. If you ever need to talk...I am here...

I am 46 and am in Texas.

Hugs,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Leah :lol:
    Welcome to our family. You've already gotten warm welcomes from many of our members and I just wanted to throw my welcome in also.
    As has been said, you will find the most understanding, informative and caring people here who will always try to answer your questions, provide information or just be here when you need to talk.
    I am truly sorry for the loss of your unborn child. I understand how great a loss that can be.
    I hope that you will join us often and that you take advantage of the wisdom, caring, understanding, and genuine openness that our members share.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Hi I am new to group

I am 19 and a student. I am sorry for your lost. I was told not even to think of children but I am ok with that....sometimes. I am experiecncing some of the stuff you are...memory loss and dizziness...I am going to the doctor today so maybe I can ask her about it. I wish my pain would fall into the equation of memory lost...What pain? I don't have bad pain....lol lol :P Anyway I am new to the group and I hope your symptons get better.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Lovelifefaithful :lol:
    Welcome to our family. You are very young to have to deal with this disease. There are several members here in your age group and a teen forum. Hopefully you will be able to connect with them so that you can share and learn.
    Since you are so young, it may yet be possible for you to have children if your disease becomes inactive for a substantial period of time. There have been successful pregnancies with lupus patients. However, your doctors are right, when the disease is active, it is best not to get pregnant.
    I am glad that you joined us, the people here are extremely understanding, informative, kind, supportive and caring! You are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!