Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JODY....

Thanks

Default JODY....

Did you move to the Big Island.....laying in a pineapple patch, drinking Mai Tais?

Hope you decided to spend an extra week. Thinking of you...

Hang Loose...
    Oluwa

Thanks

Aloha, Oluwa!! I'm baaaaccckkkk! I would've loved to stay on the Big Island - but alas I had to return. How are you? Anything new to report?

The trip went pretty well - a few 'bumps in the road' but nothing too major - one migraine headache (yuk!) and my leg gave out once and I took a bit of a tumble. Just an ugly bruise - no harm done. All in all a good week with just the right amount of activity. What a wonderful, colorful, fantasmagorical place! So many flowers, so many good smells...the noise of the surf was like a lullaby every night (our condo had windows that opened right onto the shore...what a dream!) I'm tired - but not exhausted. I missed everyone...I will spend the next couple of days catching up with all of the posts. I'm hoping you (and everyone) are doing well and anticipating spring!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

mnjodette

I'm jealous and very pleased for ya. Sounds like it was a wonderful time.
    Make sure ya rest up now so IT doesn't get a snitty on.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thanks, SITC - I've been taking care of granddaughter since I got back. Now that she's home again I'm going to rest!! Yawwwwnnnn. :sleeping:
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Jody,

I ditto SITC. I am jealous and very happy you had a blast. Sounds heavenly. Can I sneak into your bag next time?

It's good to have you back; we missed you.

Faith :lol:

Thanks

Jody,

So, how many times did you get lei'd? Aren't the orchids gorgeous...

When you said lullaby I just felt my body rocking in the wave, riptide of the ocean beaches of Hawaii. What a way to make me hungry for calmness, joy.

Did you take many snaps, where did you go, beaches, luau...eat local? Do tell..

I am glad the tumble wasn't a catastrophe...just a bruised apple, eh? IT always has to be lurking, IT can just mind his business for a day a week, eh...

I've missed you, wahine..
    Oluwa

Thanks

Thanks alot Oluwa

You just made me shoot mint tea out my nose with that lei'd comment!

Still laughing...hmmm suddenly the room smells minty fresh...or is that just me?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Is the smell of mint from when the tea went up your nose?

That has happened to me with a variety of beverages, soda, milk, cocktails....

O.

Thanks

Ewwww...the worst is milk out your nose...enough of that thread...yuk!

I can't tell you how many t-shirts I saw with the "I got lei'd..." theme! So funny....

We promised our granddaughter we'd sneak her in our bag next time, Faith! Everyone will have to take turns (assuming we get there again!)

Oluwa, we went to the Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens near Hilo. What a heavenly place! In that garden was a special Orchid Walk, just filled with dozens and dozens of exotic orchid plants. I was just hypnotized by them. I'm going to do a collage of flower pictures. I think I took more pics of flowers and the ocean than anything else. I know my husband and I were there, but we're nowhere to be found in most of the pictures! (in my case, just as well...... ops: )

If I can figure out how to post them, I'll include a picture or two from the trip in a future post. I remember instructions in here somewhere.......

Jody

Thanks

Jody...

I did the same thing with our trip to Germany and Spain a year ago. I saw both places through the eye of my camera, because of that there are only three pics of me and 500 pics of castles and gardens and buildings :lol:

I fell in love with both places but I think for my joints I would be happiest in Spain. The pain in Spain stayed mainly on the plane hahahahahaha.
    Oh look ... a cookie