Thread: question about kidneys

Thanks

Default question about kidneys

I'm WAY overdue for my rheumy visit...just haven't had time to schedule it. A question for those of you who've had kidney involvement. I've seen that you've mentioned "foamy urine." Can you define? Is is a few clusters of bubbles, or is it lots and lots? I've had a few recently - maybe 4-5 smallish clumps of bubbles. Should I be worried?

(Yes I know, I should really get to my rheumy. I'll try to call next week. Your answers will help me determine whether I say "soonest appt" or "whenever")

:?
    Also - Ketiva and sits-in-the-corner have been talking about work stress? Well, I'm getting a new boss in a couple weeks.... so we're madly trying to prep in the office - a LOT of pre-work needs to be done so the new boss can transition in smoothly and learn what we do. So I may not be around much for a while. I do keep my hours to no more than 50/week, and my staff are so wonderful in supporting all that I do, and taking over when needs be. But it will take away most of my "discretionary" time for a bit.... I'll try to stop in as I can....
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

hatlady

:lol: Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't you just warning someone else that they should just say no to extra hours???? Hmmm????? lol

Take it easy. Sorry I don't have any kidney answers...I know others do.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hatlady;
    I've not had foamy urine for years. However, any foam in the urine, with Lupus, should be brought to the attention of your rheumy. There are benign reasons for foamy urine, but for Lupus patients, it is best not to take any chances.

We will miss your daily input, but we hope that you do not overwork yourself or over-stress yourself. Please take care of your health!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sits_inthe_corner
    hatlady

:lol: Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't you just warning someone else that they should just say no to extra hours???? Hmmm????? lol

Take it easy. Sorry I don't have any kidney answers...I know others do.
    ops: "do as I say, not as I do?" I have cut my hours over the years, and do monitor stress. But you're right.... I should listen to my own advice!

Thanks Saysusie - I'll be on the phone with my rheumy Monday morning!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

My experience has been that my urine is extremely foamy and looks like someone put dishsoap in the toilet. However, I also have stage 3 and stage 5 kidney disease and am losing 7,000mg of protein per day. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that I had been experiencing kidney disease symptoms for quite some time before being diagnosed, but those symptoms were more benign (just slight foam in urine, slight tiredness, slight weight gain, etc.) so get to your doctor! Good luck!

Thanks

Hey Hatlady,

Let me add my voice to the rest...let your doc know about the urine change.

As for your job, I know how it feels to need to step up the pace and not want everyone around you to do all the work. Just be very careful.

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I don't think I can add anything that others didn't already say, but I hope it goes well at the Rheumy. I honestly can't remember how much foamy bublles I had at my worst, but I know that it seemed different than usual, and I think that's the important part to share with the doctor.

Good luck!
    Missy