Thread: New Member

Thanks

Default New Member

Lets see here! I was diagnosed with Lupus almost three years ago. It was activated by a Hepatitis B vaccination. It took many confused doctors to finally diagnose me. My first year was tough. I spent 31 days in the hospital in my first year, had a tumor removed due to my high doses of Prednisone. I was in denial?
    After coming to terms with my new life, carrying an umbrella everywhere, feeling sick all the time, going in and out of the hospital, ballooning up to 241 pounds from 175 because of my high doses of predinisone, all of my hair falling out, I DECIDED TO FIGHT! AND I BEAT LUPUS' ASS! Its still inside me, but i REFUSE TO LET IT DEBILITATE ME!
    I changed my life, I can say I am happier and healthier TODAY than before I was diagnosed with LUPUS. I READ THE BOOKS, DID THE RESEARCH, AND TRUSTED MY RHUMATOLOGIST. I stopped partying all the time, stopped drinking, and made it a goal to get in the best physical shape of my life.
    It worked, I lost all the weight, I havnt had a serious flare in almost 2 years, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I WEENED OFF OF THE PREDINSONE!

YOU CAN DO IT! REMEMBER, YOU HAVE LUPUS, LUPUS DOESNT HAVE U!

Thanks

Hello It doesnt have ME!

Nice to meet you and welcome to the board...it's a friendly spot. Not sure if you have met rob yet. He's having his computer fixed this week so he'll not be in untill he gets that sorted out.

I'm in eastern Canada. Lupus runs in my family, my sister has it but it in remission. We did not know that mother had it untill she passed away suddenly just before her 65th birthday.

So I guess I was a little calmer then most when my doctor suggested that some of my problems were very much like lupus and wanted to run some tests. I'm still waiting for answers and looking for a rhuemy who believes in lupus, the one I have right now does not.

The Quest for treatment...lol (even though it's really not funny)
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi It Doesn't Have Me :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I am so happy that you are here and that you are a testament to the possibility of remission when you decide to fight, to change your lifestyle, to take your medications and to keep a positive attitude! It is always wonderful to hear that it has worked for someone, that gives the rest of us hope!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us and I am so glad that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

HeyIt Doesn't Have Me ,

Welcome to the forum. It is great that you were able to come to that mindset and subsequently do something about your illness. At times I have had problems allowing Lupus to define me. I will try harder to go that direction. At the moment, I have an ill child and am not working with my ailment at all. You could say I am predending it doesn't exist.

You are a great example of what to do.

Climbing off the sick bed,

karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

IDH Me...

Welcome, welcome...I am Oluwa

Your positive outlook, changes in lifestyle seems to do have done you wonders. Bravo...that is so great you have been able to keep IT at bay. Maybe you can share a day in your life of your eats and physical regime in hopes it may help one of us to subdue IT...

We all need positive support. I do...IT challenges my spirit, we wrestle a lot together. I am an unwillingly opponent though... Sometimes IT kicks my bum..sometimes I just give IT a tranquilizer...and more often than not my attitude trips IT up and I give IT an extra kick when IT is down..

Keep your wellness...Pinch Happy St Patrick's Day
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I love your self disapline. Good for you Iam very proud of you and it made me cry. I quit smoking 1.50 weeks ago. Today I going threw some terrible withdraws. your story has given me strenght to keep fighting. I cant drink because my liver was attacked by the lupus. I have auto immune hept. I got some scarey blood work back about two weeks ago. thats what made me decide to quit for good. My red blood cells are very high, also my clotting factor is high . Ihave high cholesteral and i cant take any thing for it because of my liver. Do you smoke? Thanks for the inspiration and good luck.

ethanandrew

Thanks

ethanandrew

Hi and welcome...I quite smoking almost 2 yrs ago. I quit cold turkey. I had tried all the products and nothing worked. So when my husband had his heart attack and need me to quit with him...I just did. I decided that I was way more stuborn than the stupid cravings...and I am LOL.

I wish you the best of luck with quitting smoking...it's not easy. If it was there would be no smokers.

There are lots of foods that can help you lower your cholesterol naturally. Beans and lentils are great. And cheerios for breakfast. I shovel the beans to hubby as often as possible. It's easy to add lentils to soup and chilly; even into your spaghetti sauce. Those three things suck up the cholesterol right out of your blood.

Also almonds and walnuts are very good for the health of your veins. They help to improve the walls of the veins.

So if you're looking to snack on something unsalted nuts are great. Some times ya feel like a nut..sometimes ya dont
    Oh look ... a cookie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey there,

I left you a response on the other thread "Men With Lupus". Good to have another guy here! Hope to talk to you soon!

Rob