Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hey everybody

Thanks

Default hey everybody

hey. my name is sarah. i was diagnosed with lupus in august of last year. (2007) things have been pretty crazy ever since. but i'm getting through it ok. i've already gone through a bunch of treatments and chemotherapy. and i would love to talk to more people like me. so far, i haven't met anyone with lupus but i really would like to so i don't feel like some kind of outcast/wierdo. haha i use AIM alot so if anyone wants to chat, jus let me know and i'll give you my screen name....

~Sarah~ :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sarah;
    I'm glad that you joined us. You will find that there are many people here who are willing to share their experiences with you and who are more than willing to answer any of your questions and provide you with information.
    I know how difficult it can be, when you fairly newly diagnosed, to navigate through this disease. But it sounds as if you are doing a good job.
    You are, most certainly, not alone. Everyone here knows what it feels like to fell lonely and isolated when surrounded by people who do not understand. We all understand and we want you to know that you are not alone. :lol:

Again......welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi sam...48 yr old female from nova scotia...still waiting on a diagnoses...waiting waiting waiting...

This is a friendly site with lots of information to share.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Default You are Not alone

Hello sarah! I am a male with Lupus. If you think ur rare, dont worry, I have only found one other male in 3 years that has lupus! As you probably know, Lupus is found 90% of the time in women? But if you ever want to chat, I can tell you what I have done to fight this crazy disease! I am currently trying to make Lupus as well known as cancer HIV or Cerebal Palsey...We need to use our voice and I know that with enough VOICES, we will be heard!!!

Thanks

Hi and Welcome Sarah,

Welcome to the lupus forum. You are not alone, there are many of us who have been where you are or headed in that direction. There are a lot of caring people whom you can share your day and issues with Lupus, have a good laugh, and learn a lot from others.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Default HI!

I Sarah, I'd really like to talk to you. You left a post on one of my questions and I'd really like to get to know you. I'm on AIM all the time so it's not hard to reach me. I sent you my AIM in a PM so yeah... just let me know yours then.

Thanks

Hi Sarah -
    Welcome! I am relatively new as well, and have found this a great place to learn about this crazy disease, and to vent your frustrations. The people here are just wonderful - caring, non-judgemental and funny!! I am so glad I found my way here, and am glad your here too!
    keep posting!!
    Take care,
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Default New to the site

My name is Kathy. I have SLE and have had it for a very very long time. I am 49 years old. I did not get diagnosed with SLE until I was 36 years old. I have had the symptoms since early childhood. I suffered for many years with Lupus symptoms and went to the doctors repeatedly only to be told time and time that I was worrying needlessly and that I did not have Lupus. They made me feel like a real hypo big time. When I was 36 a doctor took the time to listen to me and test me for Lupus. That is when I found out that I indeed did have SLE. He immediately sent me to a very good Rheumatologist who told me that I have the most classic case of Lupus that he had seen in years. He got my Lupus under control quickly and I take several different medications. I have a new problem now and that is PA (pernicious anemia) and the doctor told me that I will have to take vitamin B12 shots every month for the rest of my life. I am wondering if this has happened to any of the other people with long term Lupus? Just wondering.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Again Kathy :lol:
    I responded to your other post! Just wanted to say "welcome" once more!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    Yes you did respond and answered my questions very well and put me at ease. Thank you so much.