Thread: Fluctuating Protein

Thanks

Default Fluctuating Protein

Hey Family,

I just came from an appt. with my rheumi today and I had 3+ protein but my last labs in Dec. only showed a trace. That was a huge jump and quite surprising. Prior to that I had been going down from a year ago when it was 3+, has any expereienced this type of fluctuation?

The only thing I can think that might had triggered this result was that this was a few days after my unusual cycle ( due to IUD) ended.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Proteinuria is an excess of protein in the blood. When there has been damage to the kidneys, depending on the cause, you may develop protein in your urine. With Systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE), we generally develop a "glomerulonephritis", or lupus nephritis, which causes proteinuria.
    In some people, proteinuria may persist or even worsen over time. It is for this reason that you will need additional tests to assess the extent of your proteinuria in order to determine the best treatment for controlling it.
    Because Lupus is a disease that is constantly changing, which means that it usually has chronic histological changes, it follows that glomerulonephritis will also change during the course of the disease. It is for this reason that regular tests are done to assess proteinuria and to determine the function of the kidneys and the severity of glomerulonephritis.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Pretty in Pink...Pinch

Checking in on you....thinking you.

Slurpin' down a bit of green beer and finger sandwiches?

Hope at the end of you rainbow you find a pot of wellness and a few hundred bits of gold...
    Oluwa

Thanks

Thanks Oluwa, glad to see you back and feeling better. Pinch- how do you know the undergarments weren't green> :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Me! Me! Me!

Over the course of about two weeks I had just a trace.. then +1.. then +4 and then had a 24 hour analysis done which was apparently normal!

Weirdness huh!
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

Thanks Numpty- that's make me feel a little better. I have to do a 24 hour but it's Spring Break, so I'll probably do it tomorrow or next week.

My rheumi also said it could be lab error and/or dehydration.

Thanks

Hey Pretty in Pink,

How are you, life?

Did you do your 24 hour and how did it the results come out. Lab error?

Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Oluwa, I just saw this post- things came out okay, they went back down, we'll check at the next visit.