Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acne type nodes on forehead and chest

Thanks

Hi Sits,

Thank you for the information. Saw my GP and he was upset by what he saw. I had to take either prednisone or a cortisone shot. I took the cortisone shot and interestingly enough, they are almost gone. The cortisone shot worked quickly.

The hydrocortisone cream did not work, but the shot worked and they are fading.

Something to talk to the rhuemy about; though he will probably write me off. Just wanted to share my experience. I hope they continue to fade away.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Wow faith...glad your doctor took action.

I'm going to have to get back in to see mine. The spots are marching all over my neck today...there's a whole happy gang of em.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Sits,

I am sorry to hear about your neck. Did you get in to see the doc? What did he say?

Took the shot Tuesday, they are almost faded but can see the scars so I definately think it was Lupus.

Unfortunately, I have a new pimple like nodule pop up next to the faded ones. Have follow-up for GP on Wednesday and rhuemy appt on Tuesday. We will see what they say about it; my luck probably send me back to the dermo I saw 2 weeks ago for Lupus rash on arm.

Maybe Saysusie can help answer this one. I have had mouth sores for the past month, and lupus rashes in both Jan & February. If my March labs come back somewhat normal, how can this be with all the skin flares while taking Plaquenil?

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

No Faith...

At the risk of getting a tuning...I didn't get into the doctor's this week. I've been stressing out at work. Haven't even had time to call and get an appointment lined up for next week. I'll have to waite till Monday now to call for an appointment.

I've been so tired and so sore, it's all I can do to get through my "normal" day. :lol: @ normal. It takes me from 4:30 am till 7:30 am to get mobile enough and dressed so I can get out the door.

When I get frustrated I just remind myself of how bad I was before I started treatment. Every step I took made me cry. Least now I can limber up and move fairly welloops wandered off topic again

No I didn't get in to the doctor's yet

How has your week been?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Sits,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

Okay, you need to find 5 minutes tomorrow am (driving in the car to work) and call your doctor. Seriously. You need to take care of yourself. I can understand the pain and I completely sympathize (that doesn't look right?).

Hang in there and get into the doctor. Something else I have noticed, I switched to another deodorant and stopped it about the time I had the cortisone shot. Everything cleared up; put on new deodorant 2 days later, breaking out similar to other scarred areas. My body does not like the chemicals in the new deodorant?

Call the doc and keep us updated. I hope to hear Monday night that you have an appointment.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Thanks

pooie95

How are ya doing...haven't seen ya post in awhile
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Sits,

Did you ever get into the doc? Just curious what he said the rash was! Mmm, I remember you mentioned you were stressed at work; is it better now? A huge box of Calgon, a candle and soft music sounds good; though I would probably fall asleep. lol.

I am living at doctor's offices!! lol. Geesh, does it ever end? I am going for both of us!!! lol. I asked my doctor if I get Frequent Flyer Miles every time I see him. He laughed!! :lol: I thought it was a valid question, and I really want a vacation from IT. lol.

Saw Rhuemy on Tuesday. Making some med changes from Flexeril to Kloponin for the Fibro. Said my rash was probably "anxiety." I think NOT!!! I am positive for Sjogren's Syndrome. My body has stopped making fluids, saliva, tears in the eyes, etc. Life is more of an adventure!

I saw primary who stated chest rash is probably a Staph infection and was prescribed, Eeeck, Bactrim (sulfur). ops: Sulfur drugs make us more photosensitive while taking them than ever before. Doc told me to hybernate and cover up at all times. I did go to church this morning decked out in my UV clothes. lol. I couldn't miss Sunday service and I had my spage age uv clothing on to protect me along with sunscreen, hat, etc. Then I looked up in the ceiling and noticed flourescent lights; whew!! Thankful for uv clothing!! God is Great!!!

Okay, I must not be too computer literate since everyone is changing their avatars to cute new ones. Where do you guys find them? Please let me in on the secret.

How has your Easter been? I hope good and that you are not in too much pain due to the stress levels. I have an ear, and I am very good listener. What's your rash from?

Ohh, do you have Pookie? I am still searching for Pookie since it digested poor Willie. Willie would probably love a Wanka bar since it is Easter and all. lol. Pookie is on time-out!!

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hey Sits,

Oops, the last sentence should read Willie would probably love a Wanka bar since it is Easter and all. lol. I don't know what happened. Geesh!

Pookie is on time-out!!

Faith :eating:

Thanks

Hey Faith...I hope the new meds work out for you. I know what ya mean about living at the doctor's. The nurse thinks it's funny but I dont. I'ld love to go a hole month with out going near medical facility. Which reminds me I'm due tomorrow for my monthly blood work AAaAAaaAaa.

Rashs I have a few...I got face rash...I know what is and got a cream. Chest rash...know what that is and have a different cream...hand rash...know what that is and have yet another cream...neck rash no clue but I have an ugly idea what that is making another appointment for this week.

Also my toe nails are not responding to the medication she gave me for fighting the toe fungus so she'll have to dig deep and come up with something else.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

pooie95

How's your face doing? Did you bump up your appointment?
    Oh look ... a cookie