Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acne type nodes on forehead and chest

Thanks

Oh my gosh! I have the same rash! I cant beleive this again! I just scheduled an apppointment with my derm for tuesday because ever since this whole lupus crap i have had these horrible looking spots on my face! little bumps here and red spots there and some are painful and some behind my ears! down my chest and alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over my arms! well okay im making it sound worse then it is, but still its gross i look like i have big red pimple lookin things on my arms!
    i will admitt that i would much rather prefer these bumps over my intial rash that i had all over my legs! that was scary and gross nothing will EVER compare to that~ =(
    so i am curious tho one of my rhuems wante dme to start ib plaquenl for the skin issues but i find it funny that those of you who are on that med still have MNAY skin issues so hmmmmmm.....Im not going to start taking it if its not goingto make these bumps and issues go away!

Thanks

Hi joakris

Plaquenil treats lupus...it works on the immune system. I'm sure your doctor wants you to take the drug for many reasons. Perhaps you should call them and ask why exactly they want you to take it.

I almost refused to take it, but I'm giving it a chance. It takes weeks or months to build up in your system before you will see any changes. That's why I'm still having issues. I've not been on it long enough to say what it is or isn't going to do for me.

The other point is, this may not be the drug for me. It may do nothing at all. In which case it's back to the drawing board, and I suspect it's not going to do anything for me. But I promised to give it untill May. I've been on it since December.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I just dont want to start something that I will end up on for the rest of my life and hoenstly with how horrible prednizone was im NOT willing to put myself through any more then I need to. and right now im dealing with each day as it comes, i hurt here and there and my rash is nothing like it was back in august! so until i cant move and get really sick im just gonning to tough it out!
    I am almost even thinking of tryin to go tanning! lol jk i already know thats a death wish! ( seriously) =) I used to go every other day! i was a regular in the tanning salon! sad i know but i felt great and looked awsome! now i feel okay and look pale! =(
    ( sorry im kinda in a pissy mood today! it just, having a deseise that you cant control or do anything about is really hard to deal with, and sometimes i dont know how i should or shouldnt feel about this)

Thanks

Well joakris

If we have to be pale...then we should be devistatingly pale...work it girl. hmmm Drop Dead Pale. I never could achieve a tan...most I could do was go for a really deep burn :lol: but that was usually accompanied by a face full of sunblisters.

You're allowed to be in a pissy mood... :twisted: rage on!

. o (there should be a lupus pale and pastey beauty contest)
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

=) thank you ! you made me smile! and laugh which i probally need to do more of! I like the whole drop dead pale! lol I think i have that one in the bag! how about a lupus olympics! we could have a contest on who has the biggest gross spots ! lol jk i guess laughin helps!
    I will miss tanning, and laying in the sun, but if it means my quality of life will remain somewhat normal then i guess the good comes with the bad! or the lupus comes with the pasty pale beauty! =)

Thanks

hmmm lupus olympics....

we could have a concentration contest )

or we could have a dressing marathon...on you mark ... get set... go

compression socks, knee braces, back braces, orthitics in the shoes, uv protective clothing...ice packs and heat wraps and dont forget to put your cream medications on. :lol: I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. just so I can get out the door to get to work on time LOL
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

yeah my boss tells me all the time ! what if you worked for 3m or some place where you had to be there on time! i told him i would probaly get fired!@ I too have a really hard time getting up in the mornng, but once im up which takes about 2 to 3 hrs and a cup of coffee im okay, but the moment i sit down and try to relax for get it its vegi time!
    by the end of my day iam so tired that all i want to do is sleep! most people cant wait to get off work so they can go and do what ever but me i like to sleep and sleep and sleep!

i like the getting dressed competition! how about the did you take your pills race! lol or i will take anti marials for 2000 please! hahaha we can make it into jepordy!!!!! i think saysuise would win! she is like the prodogy of lupus! lol

Thanks

Saysussie would win, hands down LOL.

Back to the pills...line up one of those weekly pill dispenser things...you have 10 seconds to fill each day slot with your required dossages :lol:

GO!........
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

thats kinda what i was thinking but you said it way better! lol

yeah saysusie would toooooooootaally win! :lol:
    thanks again for puting me in a btter mood ! have a good weekend im gonna go home ! surprise surprise im tired! =)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol:
    And I actually LOVE Jeopardy!! Hmmm...a Jeopardy game with Lupus categories, like:
    * Name that Pill (we'll give the symptom, you name the medication)
    * A Foggy Day (Symptoms of "Brain Fog)
    * The Milligram Dance (How Many lines of pills can you make dance?)
    * Here Comes The Sun (All the rashes and symptoms we deal with)
    * There Goes My Baby (What we do to avoid the sun!)

Ok.. I could go on an on

:lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!