Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: acne type nodes on forehead and chest

Thanks

Default acne type nodes on forehead and chest

I have had these small acne type nodes take up residence on my forehead and chest (I have had them for quite some time now). They never go away, and are always there. They do improve slightly when I am on prednisone. Has anyone had experience with this type of problem? Are there any meds to treat this (topical or oral)?

Thanks

Thanks

I have the same exact thing I have them on my forehead , very edges of my cheeks and neck , chest and shoulders. My rheum told me it was a lupus rash.
    MY God Bless you everyday, Cryssyjojo

Thanks

pooie95

I have the same thing...get your doctor to take a look at them. They should give you a cream for them.

If the cream they give doesn't work go back right away and let then know. The firs time my doctor gave me a cream it was the wrong type. She got it right the second time though. :lol:

Mine are painfull little suckers so I went straight back to get the cream changed. It works...it's a chortizone (I know my spelling sucks lol) cream and it takes the sting right out. Careful to use it sparingly as it does weaken the skin.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Ladies,

I have the same thing, little nodules on my upper chest and neck. They are gross and painful. I look like I am going through puberity again at 40. Little pimple like sores that scar.

Interestingly, I was told by the rhumey that it was not Lupus. I don't know; I just wish they would go away and not scar.

Looking for a HUGE bottle of Clearisill!!

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Faith

If your doctor didn't give you anything for it....please go back. If it is the same "rash" as we are having...it wont go away on it's own.

You may have to back again and again before your doctor sees for themselves that they NEED to address this rash. When I had it on my face it too three visits once a week to get my doctor to sit up and say gee you're right this isn't normal . o 0(well duh)

My face was sooooo swollen and soooo sore. And that's just because she took soooooo long to give me something for it.

Pimple creams wont work on this. I know, I tried.

Good luck...get stuborn :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Default Dr appt

Thanks for the advice. I have a doctors appt at the end of the month. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Pooie95

That's along time to go with those sores stinging ya. Any chance of getting in there earlier?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Sits,

Thank you for the info on the rash. What did your doc end up RXing you? Did it work? I would love a miracle cure as I have them now on the opposite side of my neck. I hate these pecky things. The Dermatologist RX'd and faxed in the rx to mail order; I have not yet received the RX yet 2 weeks later. I am calling today to see if it was lost.

In the meantime, I have an appt with my GP tomorrow and I will hit him up on what this stuff is.

I hope you are doing better with your rash.

Take care,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get a horrible rash which I think is similar to hives all over my cheeks and forehead and sometimes down onto my neck. People look at me like I have the plague, its horrible to be made to feel like that so anything your doctor can do to help is a blessing.

I've seen a dermotologist who thinks mine is a form of cutaneous (sp?) lupus but is refusing to do a biopsy even though my Rheumy has requested one. am just getting passed from piller to post which is very annoying and upsetting right now.

Keep us posted as to how you get on with trying to clear it up and keep smiling ~snugs~

C x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

I have two seperate issues...the sores that burn are on my chest and spread up to my neck; for that she gave me hydrocortisone applied 3 times daily.

My face with the swelling and sever pain she gave me rosasol cream applied twice daily.

I believe the rash on my face is rosecia. My doctor was a bit ignorant about rosecia at first. Thought that only alcoholics got it. Well I dont drink so there goes that theory :lol: . There's no testing that is accurate for rosecia. Most I can tell you is that it comes in cycles. An out break can last for three weeks. And if untreated can gain in severity with each new outbreak. Even with the cream it's almost daily care. At most I can go for 1 or 2 days with out the cream before the spots come back.

She kept sending me away and I kept going back. I had to wear half a pound of make up so I wouldn't frighten people at work and little children on the street. It was horrific. Out of desperations I begged her to at least try treating me for rosecia. If it didn't work then we didn't really lose anything.

Hope this helps
    Oh look ... a cookie