Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oluwa? What's new with you?

Thanks

Default Oluwa? What's new with you?

Oluwa, I haven't seen a post from you for a couple of days....just checking in to see what's new. On a mini-vacation? Busy with fun things, I hope. And I REALLY hope IT doesn't have you in those nasty clutches again. Freezing rain here...eewwww. Hope it's better where you are....

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ditto what Mnjodette said.....hope all is well with you :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Here I am. Thank you two for asking...Jody, Saysusie...

I was having website connecting problems. And my new Gateway doesn't seem to be user friendly either. The ergonomics of the new mouse, wow what a joint crippler and the keyboard is a bit stiff for my clubs. IE7 is struggling with Window Vista....

Resolved... a new mouse, and downloaded Mozilla..and our Beloved Admin, used a rubber chicken. And maybe the keyboard will break-in..if not, Staples.

My husband was home the weekend and flew out this AM.

Our weekend, domestic...Food in tow from a restaurant, picnic and played in the park nearby with my JRT and his squeezer toy, Rudolph..oodles of beautiful Azaleas in bloom. Azalea Park appropiately named.

Repotted all the house plants. They thank me when I was done..as they reach outward and upward with more space to grow...

I sorted and loaded the laundry. He unloaded, dry and we folded. Crazy washer how it strangles the clothes...

Did cartwheels and sommersaults for days, in my mind and I still am. I did literally jump for joy, as much as I could get myself off the ground when I heard. My brother and his partner are coming for a vist in 6 weeks for two weeks. Woohoo.. His third trip to see us.

I pray for me....IT will take a trip of it's own while they are here. It hasn't been good to me lately....where it bends, it hurts. Especially my spine and hands. I'm back to dosing with Naproxen but it does nadda really, the sharp edge of pain..ah, stil there. The narcotics give me an altered ego. Quick to anger...so I rather dose with those when alone. Inflammation pain confused, does narco's will do the trick?

My body is a prune from many long showers..hoping to rinse the pain down the drain.

Ultrasound on Wednesday for my urine tract..to find out why I have become a bubble maker and crampy...no results from my last weeks lab yet. Two weeks they it takes..yikes. Maybe a urologist is needed. I don't feel so confident with this new Women's Center..maybe I expect too much. Maybe I put them under such scrutiny, Maybe I expect all places and doctors to be like the ones I had in Seattle. Equating my thinking to be like, no one cooks like my Mum.

And that was my weekend and on how was you two's weekend...

Off to pop a Xanax and call it a morning...maybe when I wake again, the pain will have subsided...and I won't sound so Melba Toast dry.

Focus, focus...cartwheels and sommersaults. It will go away (Jody reminded me days back)...Bye, bye IT....bye, bye.

Hugs...thank you again for having me in your thoughts...
    Oluwa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    So good to hear from you. So wonderful to hear that you had a lovely weekend with your husband and that your brother and his partner are due to visit you again. I love the cartwheel image (albeit in the mind!).
    Unfortunately, my weekend was pretty much in the house, on the couch and in the bed. I'm having a bit of a set back (The IT and pain from FM), been ordered by hubby - "Sit your A@# down, take your medication, and stop trying to be a @#!! superwoman!" So, I did as I was told and pretty much slept the weekend away. However, on the bright side..I had some pretty amazing dreams about my sweet daughter..three dreams, to be exact. So, even though I was physically out of the running, I was emotionally ahead of the race!!
    Hope your week goes as beautifully as your weekend :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

i am glad both of you ladies had a good weekend whether it have been emotionally and/physically, both of you are a great support, inspiration, and drive for us- we need you.

Thanks

There is a reason couches are comfy, and we have vcr's and dvd's and medicine...and they all go so nicely together

Plus I think those walk in bathtubs should be manditory in all homes and come free of charge and be installed professionally...wow wasnt that a great little day dream! :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Glad to hear from you, Oluwa, and to know that it was only a pesky cyber-puzzle keeping you from our little band. Your weekend sounds lovely...so nice to do simple things, isn't it, and appreciate how they make you feel. But, it sounds like IT has been working overtime on both you and Saysusie...I'm sorry to hear that. It's time for IT to take a longgggg break. I wish the Women's Center would have some answers for you, Oluwa. You've been looking for those answers a long while.

IT has been paying too much attention to me lately, too...hope it takes a vacation before I take my vacation. :cry:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Leaving this weekend Jody? Or am I confused again...

While there, get youself a fold and roll rice mat, and a beach umbrella, so you can enjoy the sand between your toes.

I hope IT runs into the closed door when you leave to enjoy your vacation. That kind of attention is like a stranger grabbing the hinder..who wants that. I am a bit angry with IT. Ya feed it, ya sleep with it, ya pamper it and it still isn't enough for IT, is it?

Eye clearing up? Sleeping lately?

Pretty Monica... Thank you for the compliment. I hope you know, truly you all really inspire me. Your strength, optimism..your compassion keeps me putzing along.

This last year of the last 9 years of a pain have been the hardest. Realty hit big time, this is my life. And without finding you guys, surely it would have been the last year of my life...I was tired...but now I manage to inhale deep and move into the next day.

Reflecting on my beliefs I live daily by which has enabled me to evaluate my life daily, adjust, be kind, keep goodness in my heart for others. I call it fine tuning. I realize I can use that same method to fine tune my thinking about my health...it's a process.

SITC,
    I've thought of installing a walk-in too. Thed I'd just sit up on a chair in the middle of the shower when standing is just too much to bare. And hang my head. Try crawling to the bottom of a tub..sheeshh.

Did you have one installed during your reno?

And don't forget the remote...for all those electronics. Can you imagine if we have to get up and turn the dial. My TV would probably buzz, hummm with the color stripes all night.

Saysusie..

I love those kind of dreams, when I dream about my Mum. It seems so real when I open my eyes, I hunger for more and I want to go back and sleep so I can be with her....

I ordered your CD. I'm Alright. Now I won't have to imagine you singing in church, swaying your hips. I'll be swaying mine when I listen to you sing..How cool is that. I can't wait for its arrival.

Couch to the bed for different scenary? I do that..from the living room, to the guest bedroom, to the media room and to our bedroom. Silly...but it make me feel less sick.

Hope Monday, wasn't mundane with IT and you were able to enjoy the new week.

Keep well, all of you...
    Head hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Yes, we leave on Friday morning. Ahhhhhh....I can almost feel the warm breezes and see the palms swaying.......peacefully, slowly....IT will not be welcome there (I think they have some rules about that..... :evil: )

Thanks

Three days.... :shock: I am so excited for you.

The breeze you can imagine, it is so much more if you haven't been there before Jody... 8)

I'll babysit IT while you are gone, I have one of my own....

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.