Thread: Anyone been pregnant with Lupus?

Thanks

Default Anyone been pregnant with Lupus?

I am currently trying to conceive. My husband and I have been trying for awhile and now we have to go to a infertility clinic. I have talked to my rehumie and he gave me the ''ok" to try and have a baby. I am currently on a few meds like prednisone, imuran, and some high blood pressure meds. I've been feeling fine for a long time. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant while on Lupus medication. If you have gotten pregnant, what medications were you on? I worried the meds will affect the baby, but the rehumie said everything was fine.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are several members here who have given birth to healthy babies with Lupus, some who are - like you- trying to become pregnant and I believe some who are pregnant.
    Hopefully, some of them will drop by and give you some responses. In the meantime, you can click on "search" above - put in the words "Pregnant Lupus" and see what posts come up on the subject.

I wish you the very best, and want you to know that it is very possible to give birth to a healthy child when you have Lupus. Your doctor will probably want you to wait until your symptoms are under control before you try to conceive. But it has happened many times!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

gna716,

Hi there, I posted a subject asking questions about pregnancy and Lupus and haven't had very much in terms of response except for one very supportive response!

How are you going with this?

I was told for so long NOT to have a baby and then more research was coming out and a better understanding about it all etc but I'm just not sure and my husband is scared to death about the risks for me etc. My rheumy now says "it's a possibility" and we are going to have a visit with her on April 8th and then go to Medical Genetics and get more information and go to a high risk obgyn as well. We are in the "information gathering" stage.

What about you? What information do you have? Have you gotten pregnant by now? I would love to share information...
    Love, Laugh and Live Hard...