Thread: Pulmonary Hypertension and Lupus

Thanks

Default Pulmonary Hypertension and Lupus

Hi. I am wondering if anyone has had pulmonary hypertension related to Lupus? Maxine

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Maxine;
    My daughter suffered with pulmonary hypertension with her Lupus (as well as Pericarditis and Raynaud's). On this site, in the Systemic Lupus Erythematosis Symptoms" forum, you will find an explanation of pulmonary hypertension. If, after reading that, you have any questions and/or concerns, please do write again and we will do all that we can to help you out!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Lupus and Pulmonary Hypertension

Thank you for your reply. I am just curious as to what your daughter's experience has been. I have read much and I understand the concepts, I just want to know what people have been through, any mistakes they made or tips and suggestions when dealing with this. Thanks again.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Maxine:
    I was not quite sure how to (or if I should) answer you question. My daughter lost her battle to Lupus in 1999 due, in part, to the damage to her heart and her lungs. This site is dedicated to her and to help others!
    I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful to you in this area.

Saysusie

Thanks

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for answering. I am sorry that I didn't know that you lost your daughter. I am very grateful to you for continuing to support others with this disease. I am not sure how you do it, where you get your strength from, but I would like to say thanks. Maxine

Thanks

Is "pulmonary hypertension" the same as high blood pressure? If so, I have had high BP since I was dx in 12/03 with kidney probls due to Lupus. I started on Atenolol, then switched to Lisinopril to combat it. My Nephrologist says that Lisinopril has some renal protective functions. And, although, I don't know that I can contribute it all to the Lisinopril, since starting it my proteinuria has decreased and has stayed at a better(albeit, not great) range.

Good luck in your information search. There are lots of helpful people on this site!

Missy