Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: osteoarthritis possible at a younger age?

Thanks

Default Methylprednisolone

Cheryl,
    You asked how long the 6 day (called a "dose pak") medication dose should last before you need it again. There is not a predictable time period for those things. You have been given this dosing to control an acute (versus chronic) inflammatory reaction. Often, a dose pak will help the body get control of an acute situation, and nothing further develops for a long time. On the other hand, you may have a stressful event, over tire yourself, or be exposed to something that gets another inflammatory event going 2 weeks from now. That is unpredictable. It is not like the injections, which are given for a chronic inflammatory condition in the joints. That does have a fairly predictable duration. That is because it is treating a chronic condition. You may be suffering from both, but the dose pak is specifically given for acute things, or to "kick in" your body's regular response to physical challenges.
    Hope you are feeling better soon. I send you prayers and one of Oluwa's head hugs!

Susan

Thanks

Thank you so much, I like to know as much as possible about a med before I take it and if I'll take it. This time I was feeling bad enough to just take whatever they gave me before checking into it. You and Saysusie have relieved my mind, once again Thank You both .
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol:
    Look For The Good and Praise It!