Thread: Pings in my fingers and wrists...

Thanks

Default Pings in my fingers and wrists...

Some times when I pick up something heavey or grasp something...my figers or finger with get a sharp ping feeling...like an elastic band snapping...I cant help but thing this is not a good thing. My wrists will do it too.

I mentioned in another post that sometimes when I walk I feel like the bones in my feet are going to shatters. Makes me nervous.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Default Pings

Sits_inthe_Corner, I have both - hands/fingers and feet/toes. I was sent for vascular and neurologic tests for it (I also have varicose veins in my hands - weird), and it was diagnosed as neuropathy. Brought on by the narrowing of my blood vessels, basically "starving" my peripheral nerves. Sounds like you may have the same. It is common in diabetics, but others of us have it, too. It can be quite painful at times.

Susan

Thanks

I think that's a question I will have to ask the rhuemy about when I see her next week.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I also have problems with a neuropathy - mine is in in my right leg (thigh; knee) although the damaged peripheral nerve is actually up around my hip they tell me.) It does sound like that, SITCorner. Tingling, numbness and pain...sometimes all at once. Do you get a 'burning' pain in that area? I've had mine for going on 2 years now - it's improved, but has never gone away. The neurologist said it may never heal completely, but it generally will improve.

I'd check with your rheumy and get a referral to a neurologist. They'll probably want to do a nerve conduction test.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default Neuropathy

Sits_inthe_Corner,
    When is your doctor's appointment? Could you let us know what she says after you see her? I am curious if she will diagnosis the neuropathy, or come up with something else.

Susan

Thanks

The appointment was supposed to be today, but the jammie little tart rescheduled for tomorrow, she caught the flue and was staying home today. I sure hope she's over it befor I see her

I'll let ya know what she says.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I have this in my right leg and foot from neuropathy..that is quite bad...and I also get the same symptoms in both hands from ryhnoids(sp) syndrome and hands and feet from topomax. - which is used ironically to treat the neuropathy!