Thread: Who has sharp pain in the back of their knees/legs?

Thanks

Default Who has sharp pain in the back of their knees/legs?

Like there's a painful huge piece of wood rammed in there. It goes beyond joint pain.

Lord I hate winter...my knees all but seize up. Only thing that helps (sudden craving for peanut butter...ignore craving and finsh the post) is to soak in a hot bath and slowly gently stretch my leg out straight under the hot water till I can all most touch the bottom of the tub with the back of my leg. Does any one else have any helpful suggestions for stiffy joints?

Giving into the peanut butter craving....yumm...drool...brb.

Thanks

Default Painful joints

Sits_inthe_corner, I love warm baths, soft, flannel pajamas, fuzzy socks, and cuddling in my bed when the joints are grieving. Nothing that will cause friction on the skin - silk is nice, but not warm like flannel.

Susan

Thanks

hi Suzique

I wear satin pajamas and have a memory foam mattress with polar fleece sheets. Those pj's are great, they make it easy for me to turn over at night and not jar my joints. I hate waking up in the middle of the night in pain.

Now the only thing that wakes me up is my cat at 4 a.m. thinking it's time for me to feed him.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sist-in-the-corner;
    Lupus causes inflammation in almost every part of our body. This inflammation can lead to arthritic pain. Many of us suffer with osteoarthritis, also called degenerative arthritis. It's a wear-and-tear condition that occurs when the cartilage in your knee deteriorates with use, age or rheumatic diseases (like Lupus and RA). Osteoarthritis usually develops gradually and tends to cause varying degrees of pain and swelling when you stand or walk and before a change in the weather. It also can lead to stiffness, especially in the morning and after you've been active, and to a loss of flexibility in your knee joints (front and back).
    We also can suffer from Gout. With this type of arthritis, you're likely to experience redness, swelling and intense pain in your knee that comes on suddenly often at night and without warning. The pain typically lasts five to 10 days and then stops. The discomfort subsides gradually over one to two weeks, leaving your knee joints apparently normal and pain-free.
    Another condition, pseudogout (chondrocalcinosis), which mainly occurs in older adults, can cause severe inflammation and intermittent attacks of pain and swelling in large joints, especially the knees.
    Knee pain is something that many of us suffer with. Heating pads and warm baths also help me a lot. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks Saysusie

I'm taking Arthrotec for my knees and other bits that are showing arthritis. It takes the edge, I've been able to put my cane aside. I just wear a tensor knee brace now. I used to sit on the stairs and cry. Our laundry room is down stairs.

I bought a laundry bag and dont use the basket anymore...that way I can toss the bag down stairs and drag it back up when I'm ready.

I cant wait for spring...I want warmth. My hands are like ice today and my knees are brutal. I could live in the tub today.

They tell me (puffs out her chest) I'm too young for knee replacement. hahahahaha nice to be too young for something.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had to chuckle about your "Laundry Bag" because I do the EXACT same thing. I cinch the top of the bags, stand at the top of the stairs and yell "INCOMING!!" and toss the bags down. I drag them to the laundry room and dump everything on the floor.
    My husband has the job of carrying everything back upstairs for me! Isn't it amazing what we can come up with to deal with our limitations??

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!