Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that perk me up...

Thanks

Default Things that perk me up...

I just slapped on some Jesse Cook music....and it got me thinking...I just can play his music with out perking up. He plays a classical guitar and does salsa music. He did a bob dylan tune "it aint me babe" cause he wanted to hear what a bob dylan tune would sound like in salsa...it's great!

When I listen to his music it reminds me of sitting out on my back deck with a nice glass of red wine, in the shade of course. (dont tell me I can have red wine or I'll give you such a pinch!)

It's just so relaxing....gawd I want spring to get here lol.

But it got me wondering what little things make your day, or brighten you up? What floats your boat? What puts a snap in your bloomers?

Thanks

When I walk around with my bloomers on my head.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

One of my daily enjoyments is the music of Alison Krauss and Union Station. She has the voice of an angel and plays excellent violin as well. Such talent. The Eagles, and Don Henley are one of my other favorites. My other daily enjoyment comes from running model trains. I'm slowly building a layout, and I have fun making buildings and scenery. It's a work in progress. My cats also love the trains. They do what I call "A Godzilla" which consists of them walking down the main street of the miniature town, and stomping on all the little people and overturning cars. The smell of the smoke, and the clackety clack of the rails reminds me of going to my Grandfather's house and running his trains when I was a kid.

Thanks

Oluwa

:silly: That's quite the mental pic you've given me rofl. Ummm boxers briefs or thongs? hahahahaha

Thanks

Rob

I have a little christmas village that goes up every year. My can loves the village and my dog runs around with the train lol...it's taken a beating over the years.

I just gave Alison Krauss a listen....I see what you mean about her voice. It's crystal clear and sweet.

Thanks

Default Laugh

Oluwa,
    You have me laughing to tears here! This is one of the things that floats my boat.
    Playing games with my 7 year old and watching his little face deep in thought. Walking (when I could) in the forest and listening to the sounds of rippling water, birds chirping, insects creaking.... These have been the sights, sounds, and smells, too, that I have used for relaxation since I was very small. Now, I share them with my child. (He is on a mountain retreat with my hubby enjoying those very things right now )

Susan

Thanks

It's rare that I put undergarments on my head, so I can't relate to that one as a pick me up...but I CAN picture it, Oluwa...yikes! :lol: :lol:

For me, pick me ups might be any kind of Motown music (yeah, yeah...I'm aging myself...) classic movies (with popcorn, of course), reading books with my granddaughter, or sitting on my deck in the evening listening to the 'peepers' - little, tiny spring frogs that are all over the place. And YES...a glass of red wine!!! (I'm with SIT Corner...gotta' have the wine...)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Oluwa that response was hysterical!!! Bloomers on your head!

What makes me happy...hmmm, have to think about that...I was born in a coastal town in Oregon and lived by the beach the first half of my childhood. I remember sneaking down to the beach and just sitting listening to the waves. I also thought that God "unplugged" the ocean every night (like a bathtub) because I couldn't hear it when I slept! So I find great comfort when my husband and I drive to the beach (a 45 min trip now) and just being there in the salty air, listening to the waves with the cool sand between my toes. It really comforts and rejuvenates me.
    As some of you know, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we volunteer in the door to door ministry, finding someone who wants to learn about the Bible, or has a kind word really lifts me up when I'm out in service (That's what we call it). Just being with a car group is uplifting and loads of fun as well.

I also enjoy good music and wine, I love to sing!

onpointe
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of a dream." Willy Wonka

Thanks

:multi: I can hardly wait to sit out on the back deck in the evening...sigh...I love soft warm summer nights. Are we there yet? lol
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

When I wear boxers on my head I call myself a chef..
    When I wear bikinis on my head I call it a gas mask. Leg holes for the eyes...

Just woke up from a goodnap...now I am ready to go to sleep. I gave myself a beating yesterday...ugh.

More of me to come....tomorrow. Sorry, I am a party p00per...

Head hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.