Thread: enlarged spleen??

Thanks

Default enlarged spleen??

hello....i know lately i have been posting all these bad days and annoying symptoms i have had but here is one more and hopefully you guys can help with an answer.
    i was in the ER last weekend with a bad flare because of severe pain and disorientation and have since gotten to follow up with regular rheumy. but, i am still having this incredible abdominal pain on my upper left side just below my rib cage. as i had reported in the er and to my dr. the pain radiates up through my chest into my left shoulder and can be quite crippling at times. usually it is a dull ache but with deep breaths and when i try to eat it is much more painful. the dr. keeps checking my lungs, they are all good. i even had an x-ray done by her to check for fluids. but i am insisting i am not a crazy person, that this is real pain i have felt for a long time now and it is getting worse. now the abdomen is swollen there and i feel full all the time, yet need to eat cause i feel hungry too but i don't think food is gonna fit in there. could it be my spleen? i think that is the only organ over there besides my stomach right? and if it is, what should i do, go back to the er, the rheumy or to a gastro dr.? i feel like lately i am crazy and bugging everyone with my symptoms but i swear they are real and that it is not normal and something must be wrong. i feel like giving up and laying in bed everyday cause no one is taking me seriously anymore. i hate this stupid disease, it makes me doubt my entire sanity and is depressing.
    anyway, that's all, hope someone can help. i really do appreciate it even if i am whinning a lot lately on here. :?

Thanks

Never give up....go back to your doctor every day and say...gee I'm still not feeling better...keep going...they'll get sick of seeing you and actually try to find out what it is.

Push push push. It's your health and your body...and your life. Push!

Gentle hugsss and some help pushing

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I get some terrible pain in the area you are talking about, and so far my Dr. says its costochondritis, inflammation of the connective tissues and cartilage in my lower rib/diaphram area. The pain is sometimes extremely sharp and sudden, and radiates up through my chest. As painful as it is, it's not supposed to be terribly dangerous or damaging. I don't have the feeling of fullness, or bloating though. By all means, don't let it slide. You are not crazy, see your Dr. and don't let anyone tell you it's "all in your head", because it's not. Be persistent. Vent here whenever you need to.

Thanks

Chest pains....I've had a few. I thought I was having a heart attack! I drove to my doctor's office (instead of the hospital, what a dough head) but anyway, turns out it was arthritis in my rib cage. I has pain on my left side and pain over my heart on the right side.

My doc took my blood pressure and said it was up a bit (turned out just to be that I was stressed over her lol but that's another story)

She said she didn't think it was my heart, and she pressed on two place on rib cage. I darn near shot through the roof it hurt so bad.

She smirked and said it was arthritis. Sent me for xrays and son of a gun she was right. I am very relieved give it is NOT my heart.

Over the past year I've been springing up with arthris all over my body, feet knees, hip, rib cage, jaw, neck. It's the lupus...sigh...

Waiting for the plaquenil to kick in.....

Thanks

As I read your post, pancreatitis runs through my mind. Do you still have your gallbladder? You know, gallstones can cause pancreatitis which can be very painful. This was my experience. I remember the pain being relentless. My suggestion would be to have your gallbladder and pancreas evaluated. Some lab work and an ultrasound are the usual tests. If that's not the problem, you've at least eliminated it as a possibility with minimal discomfort.

Hope you get some answers soon and get back to feeling better.

Peggy