View Poll Results: Do you drink or eat any artificial sweetners besides Splenda? If yes, how many servings per day?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

4 66.67%

1 16.67%

0 0%
  • 4 or more per day

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugar free doesn't mean Lupus free....

Thanks

Default Sugar free doesn't mean Lupus free....

Do you drink diet sodas, any diet beverages and eat sugar free foods? They may aggravate your symptoms. I was advised by my Rheumatologist to avoid sugar and artificial sweetners. Splenda was okayed.

Just some food for thought...

Head hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

The only artificial that I can stand is Splenda. I can taste bitter with all the rest. Didnt' know about the others. Guess my taste buds put me ahead of the game....cool
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

:grab: while I dont like artificial sweetners .... I do like sugar. And I've never been good at doing with out. But I am good and cutting way way back.

I read about the artificial sweetners causing more harm than good. And that they really dont help with weightloss.

I have a HUGE coffee mug and used to put three tsp of sugar in lol. Now I have cut my self down to one normal sized cup of coffee in the morning (cause trust me you dont want to meet up with me on the road in the morning if I haven't had a coffee) with one tsp of sugar. I do not add sugar or salt to any thing. Most things have enough it it already. If I have to add a sweetner I'll put good ol honey in.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Personally I don't use artificial sweeteners in anything, simply because I don't like the taste. I've also read about health problems related to artificial sweeteners, but there doesn't seem to be much scientific proof one way or the other. I go easy on the real sugar, and salt.

Thanks

sit in the corner,

I don't use sweetners becaue I don't like the taste but I do ocassionally have a diet dr. pepper or sprite.

I'm with you with the coffee in the morning and I use two tablespoons of sugar, maybe I'll try 1.5 then gradually going for two but I MUST have my morning coffee and all is need is the one cup.

Thanks

Pretti in Pink

I gave up pop ( waaaaaaaa ) and smoking, and junk food and salty food so I'm hanging on to my coffee cup with both hands lol.

Tofu will NEVER pass my lips, but I will cook skinless boneless chicken and use low fat recipes.

Two wonderful recipey sites are www.cookinglight.com and www.cooks.com

They have some simple meals with lots of flavor. I'm sure there are still some things I need to do to eat better...but that will come with time.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I didn't do the poll, because I avoid the "sugar free" fake sugars as much as I can. I'll take sugar, thank you, or honey in my coffee, tea, candy, etc! 8)
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Don't use aritficial sweetners except for the occasional diet soda. I have to have my coffee! Black please. Ok, I will plead guilty to the rare occasional latte. Thanks for the recipe links, I am always up for a new recipe. Loved the recipe thread we had going a while back.
    Off subject - the little icons next to everyone's names just came back on my computer. They had been missing for awhile. I am having fun just flipping through looking at everyones pictures.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Splenda is all that I use also.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi All,

I use splenda in coffee and tea. I drink soy milk (barf!) because my NP said limit my dairy intake, I guess it causes inflammation. I can only stand vanilla soy milk which has extra sugar so I don't know if I'm actually doing any better there than with skim milk (big milk fan BTW). I have TERRIBLE eating habits, I will do well for a few days them, boom, I fall off the wagon. I have a reason to eat what I want to for whatever, happy, sad, stressed whatever, I find an excuse to eat bad things. I know I really need to do better, It's pretty bad, I still eat like I'm a teenager! When I do well, I do pretty well but the food I'm "supposed" to eat can be so stinkin' gross! I'm always up for new recipies, anything to make the "good for you" foods taste like a treat.

Speaking of food and such, has anyone tried UltraInFlamX? It's a "medical food" my NP put me on it. I have to gulp it down in orange juice and instead of the two scoops a day (equal to 12 tsp) I can only manage a tsp at a time and only sometimes, it makes me a little sick. Anyway, it's supposed to really help get inflammation levels down. If anyone has tried it let me know what you think of it.

onpointe
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of a dream." Willy Wonka