So I went to the doctor because I was losing some hair. He did a variety of tests, thyroid and other stuff, and referred me to a Rheumatologist because of a "possible positive ANA."

She repeated the test and did some more, and looked me over head to toe and asked a bunch of questions. At the end of the visit, she told me she didn't think I had lupus -- I didn't really have the right symptoms -- but we'd do the tests to rule it out and figure out what to do next.

Well, 3 weeks later, we sat down to go over the test results, and most were negative. However, I had a positive anti-Smith antibody test, which she said is 100% exclusive to Lupus. She was surprised given my lack of other symptoms, but said maybe I wouldn't have any other problems besides the hair loss. We are repeating the test with another lab, and those results I should get in about another week.

Meanwhile, in the last week or so, I've had several days of "hot flashes" (sort of like a mild fever for a day or so, but nothing significant on the thermometer), achy joints, and general fatigue. It's the sort of thing that a few months ago would have made me think I was coming down with a cold or flu or something. It comes and goes, though, and I haven't gotten sick with anything else.

Do these sound like Lupus-related symptoms? I am a little hesitant to hang it on the Lupus hook since I feel like I must just be psychologically trying to make it "fit." The symptoms are real -- I really do feel run down and achy and feverish -- but it seems somehow "convenient" that 2 weeks after my positive blood test, I would all of a sudden start having Lupus-like symptoms.

Any advice? Sympathy? Anything? ops: