Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Fever

Thanks

Default Cabin Fever

Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    If this cold weather does not let up soon, I think I am going to go crazy! I hate being cooped up in the house because it is too cold to be outside. And, I hate that when I do go outside, I have to put on so many heavy layers of clothes, that I can hardly move. It makes my joints hurt just thinking about it :? . It is just a tease to see the sun and blue sky from inside and know that it is single digits outside ( and below zero with wind chill). Bring on the sunscreen, Bring on the hats, bring on some warmer weather so I can go OUTSIDE . Maybe I will try doing a funky 'bring on the spring' dance today . I don't even care if it rains, just so long as it warms up. However, I would prefer some nice mild overcast, but dry weather, to dry up the ice lake I have in the back yard and pasture. Thinking warm thoughts and hoping you all have a nice day.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know what you mean. Here is SoCal, we had very nice weather for 3-4 days. Just enough for me to think that I could start doing some outdoor activities. Then, suddenly, it turned cold and rainy with high winds!!
    As Lupus sufferers, we are D@!*# if we do and D@!*# if we don't. The sun causes us to flare, knocks us off of our feet for days...so we have to avoid the sun. The cold makes our joints and bones ache and turns us into shut-ins. There's just no happy medium!!
    I think I'll join you in your funky 'bring on the spring' dance. We'll dance until we sweat and pass out on our couches. Then we'll sleep until the sun goes down!
    Off I go to put on my funky music!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quarterhorsegal, I so know what you're saying..........

A couple weeks ago I took a fall in the parking lot - black ice. STILL have a huge bruise and a few aches from that. The snow is still out there, we've had more this winter than in the last ump-teen....

I'm just glad the sun is out today. I'm sitting in my office with a shawl around me - over the turtleneck, wool sweater, suit jacket. And my fingers are still cold. Will this @#^% winter ever end?????
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Warm summer evenings, that's what I'm looking forward to! This will be my first summer with Lupus and dealing with the sun, so I am looking forward to talking long evening walks when the sun goes DOWN!

A friend of mine said I am turning into a vampire.

Mwahahahaha! :twisted:

Rochelle

Thanks

Default Eastern Canada here....

Brrrrrrrrr! We had one nice mild day on Monday...then back to the freezing cold snap. I hate winter. Sore joints...cant get warm to save my life.

Nights used to be very painful for me. Crawl in to a freezing cold bed my joints would just kill me.

But then it happened....hahahahaha...hubby went on a "guys" road trip to Boston. I knew he felt guilty about leaving me on my ownsum :lol:

So I went shopping....hahahahaha...and I bought a memory foam mattress and two sets of polar fleece bed sheets.

Now if I could only find away to get my office to let me work from home in my bed LOL.

Thanks

It's more than just the cold that I hate. It is cold with rain. Where I am snow is an oddity. The wet just gets into the bones. I can hardly move right now. Like Saysusie said about California is the same here. Last week it got nice and I actually thought that spring was here. Not so we have this cold wet spell. I AM READY FOR SPRING.
    Saysusie what are we dancing to for our spring dance? I watched american Idol with my girls this week and they were singing(not very well) 60s hits. I like 70 and 80s myself.

Rochelle, taking warm summer walks sounds so good. I can almost dream of it.

Dreaming of spring,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

We're having an unusually long, cold winter here in Maine. I live right on the coast, so we usually have mild winters, not this year though. I have a new ocean kayak I bought over the winter, and It's out there in the garage calling to me! So cabin fever is alive and well here in my little corner of the world. Bring on the summer!

Thanks

Default Northwest Report

Hello, All: checking in from the North West Coast (Seattle). I would like to invite you all here, at least mentally for a rest and respite. We are having unseasonably beautiful weather. Sunny and merely cool (50's) for the past few days. I feel guilty enjoying it, while all of you are suffering such terrible winter weather, but I wanted to paint a picture you could enjoy. We continue to have frosty nights with a soft blanket of frozen dew on the grass every morning, but the sun quickly thaws that and leaves the area glistening fresh. The rain we are so known for has been absent for at least a week, and the clouds are few - for decoration only. I have spent many an hour on my sun porch (which my husband built for me using UV filtering roofing) lately watching the neighborhood enjoy the weather: dogs playfully straining at their leashes for a run, children playing yard games with shrill giggles, mothers lazily strolling babies in the gentle sun (it really does seem gentle when the temperature is so mild, but I know better than to get directly into it).
    Please feel welcome to place yourself where ever you wish, and enjoy this blessing with me. I'll put on some tea for company....

Susan

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oooooh..I wanna be where you are oh oh.....I wanna be where you are..oh oh (You know, everything for me turns into a song). Anyway, Suzique, I wanna come sit on your UV protected sun porch and watch, with awe and wonder, the beauty of life as it saunters by. Sounds sooooooooo perfect! You paint such a descriptive picture that I almost feel as though I am there.
    Right now, in SoCal, we are having rain, rain and a bit more rain. Add to that the frigid winds. I am looking at my neighbors, bundled up like they were in the Antartic, still walking their dogs, pushing strollers, and trying to chat with one another as they pass by my window. However, they are leaning so precariously that If the wind died down, I fear they would fall flat on their faces. At any rate, it is quite a hilarious site watching them pass by :lol:

Sick n Tired - We are most definitely rocking out to 70's and 80's music (Although 'Dancin' In The Streets' was from the 60's). You know, that era just after Disco and just before Hip Hop...that's where I live

:lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Spring is just around the corner

I bought some flower seeds last weekend....they need to be planted in march woohoo...to me that's a first sign of spring.

Rob... are you CRAZY...sea kayaking....yikes! Litte boat big waves...you're way braver than I am....

I'll just keep my little feet on the ground and plan out my flower beds lol.