Thread: Well I found a dietician...

Thanks

Default Well I found a dietician...

I have an appointment set up for March 3rd. I have questions about why I'm not able to lose weight. I eat sensibly and I work out, but I am gaining body fat like all get out. And no it's not muscle ... trust me on that.

So I entend to ask if there is a better way I could be eating or if there are certain foods I should avoid because of the lupus. There is so much information out there and it contradicts all over the place.

My husband had a heart attack over 1 1/2 ago. We completely changed our life styles. Quit smoking diet and working out. We've been so healthy it's enough to make ya puke. But I think the stress of almost losing him (it was a very very close call) is what brought on my flare of lupus. And even though I've maintained the diet and the excersize I'm falling apart at the seams. Joints are falling apart and the weight gain...I feel so defeated. Nothing has worked.

I'm hoping she can shed some light on this and help me out. I really dont know what more I can do. I dont want to get caught up in what ever fad diet or other silly quick weightlose is going on. I want good solid help.

I'll be glad to share what ever she comes up with. So if you have any questions you want me to fire at her let me know. :lol:

Thanks

That's sounds smart and sensible, glad your husband is doing better.

Thanks

Good for you for changing your life style! That's not easy to do - I know others who should have just as much motivation and haven't been able to make it 'stick'. I hope the dietician can shed some light on the weight loss thing for you. If she has any magic secrets, let us know. :lol:
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I'd be really interested in hearing what you find out about foods to avoid and foods to eat while fighting our lupus battle. I madefa list og the good and bad that I could find and was sad to find potatoes and tomatoes on the bad side. I LOVE them both ~sigh~

I also cannot lose weight ...darn prednisone me thinks ...but would love to hear your dietician's suggestions for that too. Please let us know ok?

Thanks

Hey sits in the corner,

I am really interested to hear what you learn, too. I know that I should be taking in flax every day but I would like to learn how to lose weight.

Mrs Murdena, I was reading your last post and then looked at your avatar. I am like you. Can't lose weight but have lost my marbles.

on the floor searching for the marbles,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Default I'll be happy to share what I find out.

I'll be sure to ask about medications and weightlose as well as food. I've read some articles that say potatoes are bad and some that say it makes no difference. Just eat sensably and move your body as best you can.

But something is blocking me from losing weight and I would like to find out what it is.

The apointment is Mard 3rd so I'll post more after that appointment.