Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought it was a spider bite...

Thanks

Default Thought it was a spider bite...

Last summer we had a lot of baby spiders in the car port. (dont get me started on spiders...ewwww) Any way. I was getting in my car and I felt a twindge on my neck.

Before I got to the end of my road I had a huge hard lump on neck right below my ear. And I thought damn one of those creepy little things bit me.

But...it keeps coming back in exactly the same spot and now I'm thinking it's lupus related. It's larger that a hive and hangs around for about 4 to 5 days...then fades off to nothing.

Does this ring a bell with any one?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Yep, rings a bell allright. I have the same thing, on my right side of my neck, under my ear. And also on my right ankle. It stings suddenly, and comes up fast. Now, when I was diagnosed with SLE, I was living in Arizona, and had been stung by a scorpion in my house one day. Well, everytime I got this twinge/sting I thought I got nailed again. Now I'm in Maine, scorpion free, but thos same two spots continue to flare every couple of weeks. Beats the heck oit of me, and my Doc can't explain it either. Weird stuff.

Thanks

Default Where in Arizona where you?

I was there a couple of years ago....it was beautiful. Lots of creepy crawlies there though don't think I could live there lol

Thanks

Yeah, AZ is creepy crawler central. Lived there for quite awhile until moving back to ME. Scorpions there are not very poisonous, it's like a bad wasp/bee sting for most people. The Black Widow, Brown Recluse Spider, and the Mojave Diamondback are the three bad ones. BTW, your weather and mine are pretty different I guess, as we had a fairlly heavy snow storm today, send me some of your sun! Anyway, I'm anxious to hear if anyone else has this strange stinging sensation. It's been a fairly common occurence for me, and kind of a mystery.

Thanks

Default I'm curious too..

It's not like a hive or a rash. I hear people with RA talk about noduals but I dont think it's that.

My doctor took a look at it and said, strange...huh.

LOL and that was it. You say you have two spots? How long do they last for?

I think our weather is going to be back to the ick of winter tomorrow. My legs are killing me. Course that might also be the file boxes I packed and moved today. :lol:

Thanks

They last for 2-3 days at most. Sometimes I just get a tingling feeling, nothing else. And mine isn't like a hive or rash either. More like a pimple or bug bite. And it's always in the same exact spot. The sting comes on suddenly, and is enough to elicit a noticeable wince, and vocal ouch, like it was a bee sting. The weirdness of symptoms never ends.

Thanks

It rings my bell, Sits in the Corner..

I got what you guys got..

Earlier today I posted that I get a hive like in the indent below my earlobe on my neck behind the jawbone...on another thread. Mine starts out like a pea size when I notice it..then it grows into the size of a nectarine pit.

No sting, no pain..just grows like a hard wheal. Must be Lupus, eh?

It comes and goes over that last several years...I think stress fertilizes it.

Lot of weird, really weird crawling things in the south. I started a photo album collection...

Night Lumpy Lupies,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

My brother got something like that last summer. The doc thought it was a spider bite. He got worse and got eruptions all over his back. Now the doc thinks that it was a staph infection. He is better now.

Hope all of you feel better.

Karen

Thanks

Default That sounds about right Oluwa

I think it must be a lupy thing. I'm glad they dont last more than a week, I've started growing my hair longer :lol: if I cant get rid of it...I can at least hide it.

Thanks

Weird..I randomly get a hive breakout on the inside of my left wrist every few days or so. Lasts for an hour and then goes back to normal.

It's like my Lupus can't wait to escape, and every once in a while it does!