Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden Tiredness...

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Sudden Tiredness...

It's like being hit with a brick. I'll be fine then BANG. I've got nothing left.

And what worse, when it hits...I go from being patient and kind..to I need to lay down RIGHT NOW! I get panicly tired, if that makes any sense. I feel like a toddler bout to pinch a hissy fit.

I'll be out to a dinner party with hubby or over at friends and I just cant make it through the evening. Hubby gets mad at me cause I want to go home and go to bed. He asks me to tough it out, but I'm so tired I could just throw up.

I sleep really well at night. Problem is I could sleep really well all day and night. I dont know what to do about it.

Thanks

Slumber....beautiful slumber. If only it didn't make me so tired.....

Believe it or not, the Plaquenil may help with the fatigue...as I said in my reply to your other post, it does take time, however.

Take care and get rest when you need it.

Jana

Thanks

Default Thanks Pearl...

I read your reply on the other post, I didn't realize that plaquenil would help with the tiredness. That would be great. Can I have a note to give to my boss when I "need" a nap at work? :lol:

With any luck it should kick in about the end of March.

Thanks

Hi sits in the corner,

I have those problems too. One day I think that I am coming out of this funk and the next the mere act of getting up in the morning fatigues me. Have you heard of the site http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/? the administrator and creator of that site wrote a paper about spoons while still in college. It really explains the fatigue part of this illness quite well. Sometimes I play a trick on myself and kindof "hide" my spoons so that they are there when my hubby wants to go to dinner. Sometimes it works, but then I feel lazy because I am concerving my energy.
    Have a great night sleep and I will be.......................

hiding my spoons under the pillow,

Karen
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

How can it be that we get so tired....and then can't sleep at night? What a cruel trick!

I had yet another sleepless night - pain kept waking me up - grrrrrr......

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Awww...sorry to hear that Jody, sucks not getting a decent sleep. It starts a vicious cirlce cause you're tired the next day and if you take a nap or go to bed too early then ya cant sleep well the next night.

Just like a dog chasing it's tail.

Hot bath befor bed usually knocks me out. Or I think of Johnny Depp ops: hahahahha then I dont mind being awake <insert evil grin>

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean about that sudden intense need to lie down and sleep. It seems to come out of nowhere and there is a very real feeling of panic. I wonder what would happen if I couldn't lie down when it hits, but I'm afraid to find out!

I've been on Plaquenil about 4 months now and I haven't had one of those episodes lately. I hope it helps you.

Hang in there.
    Peggy

Thanks

I've been stuck in situations where I couldn't go to bed or lie down. It's absolutely sickening. My stomack turns...I could just cry. I pace till it's time to go home. If my husband could understand one thing...I wish he could understand that. He's pretty good about most things....but he thinks I'm being anti social. That couldn't be further from the trueth...obviously I'm gabby lol...I love being around people.

But when I need rest...there's no choice. It will just get worse untill I get to lay down.

Thanks

There's PeggyJ..hadn't seen you for a spell. Doing alright?

Skipping along, bam hit with a brick..ah, that's just IT playing his mind game.....

Head hug,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say i fully understand this post. When it hits you have to lie down NOW. And yes, if you are somewhere that you can not lie down....ahhhh that feeling is the worst. I so hope it has got better for you even if just slightly. Mine hits me, well this week round about 2pm in the afternoon.So i dont fight it.....i just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Love
    Angel.xx